Digital TV News: Research and Markets
Digital cable TV subscribers in China passed 100 million in 2010
May 5, 2011 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of the 'China Digital TV Operation Report, 2010-2011' to their offering. According to the report, the number of cable digital television (DTV) subscribers in China reached 100.44 million in 2010.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010
Dec 13, 2010 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of Research In China's 'China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010' to their offering.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Global Cable Subscribers to Rise to 111.3 Million in 2012
Feb 27, 2009 – IE Market Research is forecasting that global cable subscriptions will reach 111.3 million subscribers in 2012 (CAGR of 8.3%). Global cable subscriber growth was 7.1% in 2008.
News categories: Research and Markets, IE Market Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Market Research
Satellite TV in China: Potential US$4 Billion Receiving Device Market by 2012
Jan 19, 2009 – In China, there are about 200 million households with a TV set but no cable connection. The launch, on June 9, 2008, of the Zhongxing-9 broadcasting satellite should thus generate a huge market for satellite receivers and related chipsets.
News categories: In-Stat, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2008
Dec 4, 2008 – In 2007, 140 million STBs were sold worldwide, the overall sales percentage of satellite STBs was 46%, and IP STB gained the highest sales growth with a figure of 4.53 million, increased by 77% comparing 2006.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Auvitek Launches a Highly Integrated GB20600-2006 Compliant DTMB Receiver IC
Oct 13, 2008 – Auvitek has announced the introduction of the AU8822, a highly integrated digital receiver IC solution for the China Digital Terrestrial Multimedia Broadcast (DTMB) market. The AU8822 is fully compliant with the GB20600-2006 National Standard.
News categories: Auvitek, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Terrestrial
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Report Presents The Development of STB Markets in China and Abroad and Also Studies the STB Application Market
Nov 15, 2007 – According to ResearchInChina, global sales of set-top boxes reached over 70 million units in 2005, of which satellite STBs were 60%. In China, digital cable TV set-top box sales volume will reach 25 million units by 2008.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
- Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
- Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
- Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
- DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification