Digital TV News: SARFT
Irdeto First in Class to Meet New China CAS Standard
Jan 10, 2011 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has been awarded the latest Class A certification from the State Administration for Radio Film and Television (SARFT). Irdeto is the first international technology company to receive this certification.
News categories: Irdeto, SARFT, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Set Top Box
Microtune New CMOS Silicon Tuner Family Invigorates Cable’s Multi-Tuner Set-Tops
Oct 18, 2010 — Microtune (NASDAQ: TUNE) has announced three universal digital QAM cable tuners that are engineered to deliver very high RF performance, to simplify designs and to slash bill-of-materials (BOM) cost for the worldwide cable set-top box market.
News categories: Microtune, Cable TV, ICs, SCTE, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Tsinghua Tongfang Releases SARFT-Compliant Internet TV
Jun 1, 2010 — Tsinghua Tongfang (Shanghai: 600100) has released its first Internet TV product following the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television's (SARFT) recent issuance of new regulations on Internet TV.
News categories: Tsinghua Tongfang, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Siano Launches Ultra Low Cost CMMB Mobile TV Chip with Enhanced Features
Mar 1, 2010 — Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of the newest product in its CMMB TV receiver chip family – the SMS1184. The SMS1184 addresses the 'Qingcai' – the mobile TV service provided by CBC – China’s Broadcast Corporation.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, CMMB, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
UTStarcom IPTV Contract With Bureau of Radio and Television in Santai County, Sichuan Province
Nov 4, 2009 — UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced a new customer deployment with the Bureau of Radio and Television of Santai County, Sichuan Province to resume their radio and television network capability following last year's traumatic earthquake.
News categories: UTStarcom, SARFT, China, Infrastructure, IPTV
Q2-09 was a Record-Setting Mobile TV Quarter
Oct 28, 2009 — Issue No. 10 of the quarterly TeleAnalytics Mobile TV Tracking Service (TMTS) quantitatively substantiates the position taken back in Q3-08 that the worldwide Mobile TV adoption/sales would not be much upset by the financial crisis.
News categories: TeleAnalytics, ATSC Mobile DTV, Brazil, China, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, Europe, ISDB-T, Japan, Korea, LTE, Market Research, Mobile, One-Seg, Russia, S-DMB, SBTVD, T-DMB, USA
SARFT Reveals Plans for Digital Terrestrial TV
Aug 21, 2009 — China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) has outlined plans for urban deployment of digital terrestrial TV. SARFT expects that by the end of 2009 over 100 cities will have the service.
News categories: SARFT, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Terrestrial
Mobile TV Device Volumes Will Not Decline in 2009
Jul 23, 2009 — TeleAnalytics has calculated that the end-2009 Mobile TV user count will be in the 80.8 million to 81.9 million range. Mobile TV device sales will at worst remain flat, but an increase of up to 2% may be witnessed with respect to the 2008 sales total.
News categories: TeleAnalytics, Brazil, China, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, Europe, Japan, Korea, Market Research, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, S-DMB, Subscribers, T-DMB, USA
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market