Digital TV News: SFR
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 — The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM
Belgacom Selects WYPLAY for Its Next Generation IP-STB Client Software
Sep 9, 2011 — WYPLAY has been selected by Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to provide its next generation client software for IP-STB. WYPLAY demonstrates once again its ability to deliver advanced software solutions in an up and running digital TV eco-system.
News categories: WYPLAY, Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
SFR Strengthens its Cooperation with Wyplay for its Evolution Box
Sep 6, 2011 — WYPLAY has extended its cooperation agreement with SFR (Paris:VIV) for its Evolution box until 2014. Wyplay was selected by SFR in 2009 to develop its new Evolution TV over ADSL which launched at the end of 2010.
News categories: WYPLAY, SFR, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Wyplay Offers the New 'YouTube on TV' Application in Its Client Middleware for Operators
Aug 31, 2011 — WYPLAY has integrated the 'YouTube on TV' application into its client middleware and is now deploying it with its Vodafone customers.
News categories: WYPLAY, France, Middleware, OTT
European Pay TV Alive and Well, Despite Struggling Economy
Aug 23, 2011 — Despite a bleak economic climate, European Pay TV providers continue to add new subscribers. Collectively, Europe’s top ten providers added nearly 1.5 million new subscribers in the first quarter of 2011, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Kudelski reports 2011 half year results
Aug 23, 2011 — The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 half year results. Group total revenues in constant currency declined by 8.5%, while reported total revenues dropped by 21.9% compared to the first half of last year, reaching CHF 392.2 million.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
Virgin Mobile France selects Netgem for TV offering
Jun 23, 2011 — Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Virgin Mobile France, the French Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), for the launch of its Virgin Box TV offering.
News categories: Netgem, Virgin Mobile, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Netgem renews its contract with SFR for 3 years
Jun 9, 2011 — Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that it is extending its contract with French telecoms operator SFR (Paris:VIV). The agreement covers hardware, software, maintenance and services.
News categories: Netgem, SFR, France, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results