Digital TV News: SFR
Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
Nov 26, 2013 – Vivendi’s Supervisory Board has validated the group’s planned demerger. Based on the analysis submitted, this plan could take the form of a distribution of SFR shares to Vivendi shareholders on the day of the transaction.
News categories: Vivendi, SFR, Jean-René Fourtou, Digital TV, France, IPTV, M&A, Satellite
SFR launches set-top box with Google Play in France
Nov 19, 2013 – SFR is the first operator in Europe to offer a set-top box based on Android 4.2, giving access to Google Play services on the television. In addition to receiving VOD services, the box can receive up to 25 channels of terrestrial broadcast TV.
News categories: SFR, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box
Wyplay media gateway software running on ViXS XCode
Sep 13, 2013 – ViXS (TSX: VXS) has announced that their partnership with Wyplay has led to the development of an open platform for operator media gateways, customisable to have a look and feel based on the operator's unique requirements.
News categories: ViXS, Wyplay, David Jones, Dominique Feral, Gateway, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor
AirTies endorses Frog by Wyplay open source initiative
Sep 10, 2013 – AirTies has announced that it is to collaborate with Wyplay in support of the Frog by Wyplay initiative. The initiative provides access to full source code including: client device middleware, backend add-ons and companion applications.
News categories: Wyplay, AirTies, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay middleware to go open-source
Sep 5, 2013 – Wyplay has announced Frog by Wyplay, an initiative aiming to free all actors in the TV ecosystem from being locked into proprietary solutions. Thanks to Frog by Wyplay, the full source code of Wyplay's set-top box middleware and backend add-ons will be accessible free of charge.
News categories: Wyplay, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM
Belgacom Selects WYPLAY for Its Next Generation IP-STB Client Software
Sep 9, 2011 – WYPLAY has been selected by Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to provide its next generation client software for IP-STB. WYPLAY demonstrates once again its ability to deliver advanced software solutions in an up and running digital TV eco-system.
News categories: WYPLAY, Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
SFR Strengthens its Cooperation with Wyplay for its Evolution Box
Sep 6, 2011 – WYPLAY has extended its cooperation agreement with SFR (Paris:VIV) for its Evolution box until 2014. Wyplay was selected by SFR in 2009 to develop its new Evolution TV over ADSL which launched at the end of 2010.
News categories: WYPLAY, SFR, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households