Digital TV News: SecureMedia
Time Warner Cable Selects SecureMedia® by Motorola Medios for Secure Multi-Screen Content Delivery
May 18, 2012 — Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) subscribers will be able to enjoy entertainment on their device of choice thanks to SecureMedia's (NYSE: MMI) Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+, the security component of Motorola's Medios multi-screen ecosystem.
News categories: SecureMedia, Time Warner Cable, Motorola, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Cable Show, USA
Motorola Releases Latest Enhancements to its KreaTV™ OS for IPTV & Hybrid Set-tops
May 16, 2012 — Motorola Mobility (NYSE:MMI) has announced that it has released the latest version of its open operating system for IP set-tops – KreaTV™ version 4.4 - for operator trials. General availability is expected in the second half of 2012.
News categories: Motorola, IPTV, Middleware
Motorola Mobility Simplifies Convergence With Connected Home Innovations at CES 2012
Jan 5, 2012 — At this year's CES, Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) is making the Smart Home simple -- with the introduction of the Connected Home Gateway. Key innovations from Motorola's Home division are also driving the evolution of television.
News categories: Motorola, CES, Gateway, Home Networking
Revenues Shift from CAS to DRM as Multi-Screens Drive Market to $2.5 Billion in 2016
Sep 26, 2011 — The market for pay TV CAS and DRM will grow at a relatively modest 15% from $2.2 billion in 2011 to $2.5 billion in 2016. However, there is a significant shift from revenues derived from traditional CAS systems to revenues coming from DRM technologies, says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Conditional Access, DRM, Market Research, OTT
Espial Selected To Power Vodafone Iceland IPTV Services
Aug 31, 2011 — Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that it has been selected to provide an IPTV solution for Vodafone (LSE: VOD, NASDAQ: VOD) Iceland. Espial is providing its Evo TV Service Platform, Evo STB Client and Espial MediaBase VOD platform.
News categories: Espial, Vodafone, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Motorola Mobility Introduces Live Streaming Device for All the Other Screens in the Home
Jun 13, 2011 — Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced the availability of Motorola Televation™, a broadband device that works with a Wi-Fi router to allow consumers to watch live TV on a connected IP device anywhere around the home.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Digital TV, Home Networking, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, USA, Wireless
Motorola Mobility Secures DTLA Approval for In-Home Content Streaming Technology
Jun 13, 2011 — Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced that its Internet Protocol Rights Management-Home Network (IPRM-HN) technology passed the DTLA approval process, as an 'approved output and recording technology' for DTCP.
News categories: Motorola, DTLA, Content Protection, Home Networking, Set Top Box
Inview and SecureMedia Collaborate on Über-Lightweight Interactive Digital TV Platform
Sep 10, 2010 — SecureMedia (NYSE: MOT) and Inview have announced the development, demonstration and calendar launch of NEELiX, an Interactive TV Service / Platform for IP connected TVs and set-top boxes protected by SecureMedia's security system.
News categories: SecureMedia, InView, IBC, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps