Digital TV News: SecureMedia
Time Warner Cable Selects SecureMedia® by Motorola Medios for Secure Multi-Screen Content Delivery
May 18, 2012 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) subscribers will be able to enjoy entertainment on their device of choice thanks to SecureMedia's (NYSE: MMI) Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+, the security component of Motorola's Medios multi-screen ecosystem.
News categories: SecureMedia, Time Warner Cable, Motorola, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Cable Show, USA
Motorola Releases Latest Enhancements to its KreaTV™ OS for IPTV & Hybrid Set-tops
May 16, 2012 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE:MMI) has announced that it has released the latest version of its open operating system for IP set-tops - KreaTV™ version 4.4 - for operator trials. General availability is expected in the second half of 2012.
News categories: Motorola, IPTV, Middleware
Motorola Mobility Simplifies Convergence With Connected Home Innovations at CES 2012
Jan 5, 2012 – At this year's CES, Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) is making the Smart Home simple -- with the introduction of the Connected Home Gateway. Key innovations from Motorola's Home division are also driving the evolution of television.
News categories: Motorola, CES, Gateway, Home Networking
Revenues Shift from CAS to DRM as Multi-Screens Drive Market to $2.5 Billion in 2016
Sep 26, 2011 – The market for pay TV CAS and DRM will grow at a relatively modest 15% from $2.2 billion in 2011 to $2.5 billion in 2016. However, there is a significant shift from revenues derived from traditional CAS systems to revenues coming from DRM technologies, says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Conditional Access, DRM, Market Research, OTT
Espial Selected To Power Vodafone Iceland IPTV Services
Aug 31, 2011 – Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that it has been selected to provide an IPTV solution for Vodafone (LSE: VOD, NASDAQ: VOD) Iceland. Espial is providing its Evo TV Service Platform, Evo STB Client and Espial MediaBase VOD platform.
News categories: Espial, Vodafone, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Motorola Mobility Introduces Live Streaming Device for All the Other Screens in the Home
Jun 13, 2011 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced the availability of Motorola Televation™, a broadband device that works with a Wi-Fi router to allow consumers to watch live TV on a connected IP device anywhere around the home.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Digital TV, Home Networking, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, USA, Wireless
Motorola Mobility Secures DTLA Approval for In-Home Content Streaming Technology
Jun 13, 2011 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced that its Internet Protocol Rights Management-Home Network (IPRM-HN) technology passed the DTLA approval process, as an 'approved output and recording technology' for DTCP.
News categories: Motorola, DTLA, Content Protection, Home Networking, Set Top Box
Inview and SecureMedia Collaborate on Ãœber-Lightweight Interactive Digital TV Platform
Sep 10, 2010 – SecureMedia (NYSE: MOT) and Inview have announced the development, demonstration and calendar launch of NEELiX, an Interactive TV Service / Platform for IP connected TVs and set-top boxes protected by SecureMedia's security system.
News categories: SecureMedia, InView, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense