Digital TV News: Sony Corp
Sony to show 4K Ultra HD at MIPTV
Apr 3, 2013 – As part of its 50th anniversary theme of Screening the Future, MIPTV has partnered with Sony Corporation to present what will be the next game-changing innovation in television's evolution, ultra-high-definition. MIPTV will take place in Cannes, 8-11 April 2013.
News categories: MIPTV, Sony Corp, Broadcasting, Infrastructure, MIPTV
Global LCD TV Shipments Fall for the First Time in 2012
Mar 21, 2013 – Annual global LCD TV shipments declined for the first time ever in 2012, down 1% to 203 million, according to the latest findings from DisplaySearch. Q4 was the only quarter to see any growth, rising 0.6%, but it was not enough to offset declines from the first three quarters.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, LCD TV, Market Research, Smart TV
4K×2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4K×2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Next Generation RVU Specification Now Available
Jan 7, 2013 – The RVU Alliance has announced that the next generation of the RVU specification is now available. The RVU 2.0 specification updates the Remote User Interface (RUI) standard, adding vector graphics commands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Set Top Box
4K Televisions to See Marginal Share of LCD-TV Market Through 2017
Oct 4, 2012 – Despite some high-profile product introductions, consumer demand for televisions with the ultra-high-definition 4K resolution will remain negligible for the foreseeable future according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, LCD TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Global TV Shipments Decline for Second Straight Quarter
Sep 11, 2012 – Global TV shipments declined for the second straight quarter, falling 8% year over year in Q2’12, according to the NPD DisplaySearch Advanced Quarterly Global TV Shipment and Forecast Report.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, LCD TV, Market Research, Plasma, Smart TV
First 4K Ultra High Definition Transmission via ASTRA 3B
Sep 7, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) is collaborating with Sony (Tokyo:6758; NYSE:SNE) to show IBC visitors a live satellite transmission of 4K UHDTV content. The video is played out in Quad Full HD format encoded in H.264 at a data rate of 50 Mbit/s.
News categories: SES S.A, Digital TV, IBC, Satellite
Vizio Retakes Lead in U.S. LCD TV Market
Jul 12, 2012 – One year after falling to second place, Vizio, in the first quarter, reclaimed leadership in the U.S. liquid crystal display television (LCD TV) market as consumers flocked to buy its affordable sets, according to IHS Screen Digest.
News categories: Screen Digest, LCD TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- Cisco in 30 million Pay TV homes in India
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- STMicroelectronics to showcase Set-Top Box IC portfolio at CommunicAsia 2013
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store