Digital TV News: Sorenson
VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
Jun 19, 2013 – VeriSilicon has announced the availability of its Hantro G2 multi-format video decoder IP supporting Ultra HD 4K decoding of HEVC video. The G2 IP also adds support for the upcoming VP9 web video format from the WebM Project.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sharp Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Inclusion in Mobile Chipsets
Aug 14, 2012 – Sorenson Media has announced that it has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to Sharp (Tokyo:6753) to enhance the company's online video family of semiconductor systems on a chip (SoC).
News categories: Sorenson Media, Sharp Corp, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Trident Announces New Generation of Advanced Set-Top Box SoCs
Sep 7, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has unveiled a new generation of high-performance set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for the worldwide satellite, cable, and IPTV markets.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Renesas Expands EMMA Family with Set-Top Box SoCs Supporting 3D and Internet-Based Content
Jun 21, 2011 – Renesas (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of a new SoC for set-top boxes (STBs), the EMMA™3SE/P, that supports worldwide digital TV broadcast video standards and a variety of video formats required to play internet-based content.
News categories: Renesas, 3D, Digital TV, IBCShow, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Comtrend Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Use in Multimedia Set Top Boxes
Mar 8, 2011 – Sorenson Media has announced that Comtrend has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder for inclusion in the company's new line of set top boxes for Swiss Telecom.
News categories: Sorenson, Comtrend, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Set Top Box
Imagination POWERVR VXD392 and VXE382 deliver H.264 MVC decode and encode functions
Dec 6, 2010 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) has announced new additions to its video IP core families, the POWERVR VXD392 decoder and POWERVR VXE382 encoder, including support for H.264 MVC, WebM, S3D (Stereoscopic 3D) and resolutions up to UltraHD.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, 3D, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sorenson Spark Provides its Video Decoder to LGs Full Line of Mobile Phones
Jul 28, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that LG Electronics (LG) has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec to enable their full line of mobile devices to access the broadest selection of videos on the Internet.
News categories: Sorenson Media, LG Electronics, Licensing, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Pantech For Mobile Devices
Jul 21, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Pantech has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder to be included in the company's range of mobile devices. The decoder will give Pantech handset users access to the most comprehensive range of internet video.
News categories: Sorenson, Pantech, Licensing, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal