Digital TV News: Sorenson
Sharp Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Inclusion in Mobile Chipsets
Aug 14, 2012 — Sorenson Media has announced that it has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to Sharp (Tokyo:6753) to enhance the company’s online video family of semiconductor systems on a chip (SoC).
News categories: Sorenson Media, Sharp Corp, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Trident Announces New Generation of Advanced Set-Top Box SoCs
Sep 7, 2011 — Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has unveiled a new generation of high-performance set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for the worldwide satellite, cable, and IPTV markets.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Renesas Expands EMMA Family with Set-Top Box SoCs Supporting 3D and Internet-Based Content
Jun 21, 2011 — Renesas (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of a new SoC for set-top boxes (STBs), the EMMA™3SE/P, that supports worldwide digital TV broadcast video standards and a variety of video formats required to play internet-based content.
News categories: Renesas, 3D, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Comtrend Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Use in Multimedia Set Top Boxes
Mar 8, 2011 — Sorenson Media has announced that Comtrend has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder for inclusion in the company’s new line of set top boxes for Swiss Telecom.
News categories: Sorenson, Comtrend, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Set Top Box
Imagination POWERVR VXD392 and VXE382 deliver H.264 MVC decode and encode functions
Dec 6, 2010 — Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) has announced new additions to its video IP core families, the POWERVR VXD392 decoder and POWERVR VXE382 encoder, including support for H.264 MVC, WebM, S3D (Stereoscopic 3D) and resolutions up to UltraHD.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, 3D, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sorenson Spark Provides its Video Decoder to LGs Full Line of Mobile Phones
Jul 28, 2010 — Sorenson Media has announced that LG Electronics (LG) has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec to enable their full line of mobile devices to access the broadest selection of videos on the Internet.
News categories: Sorenson Media, LG Electronics, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Pantech For Mobile Devices
Jul 21, 2010 — Sorenson Media has announced that Pantech has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder to be included in the company’s range of mobile devices. The decoder will give Pantech handset users access to the most comprehensive range of internet video.
News categories: Sorenson, Pantech, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Sorenson Media Announces Immediate Support for VP8/WebM
May 19, 2010 — Sorenson Media has announced it will join the online video ecosystem built around Google's WebM project. The company also announced that it has already optimized all of its products for VP8 and WebM.
News categories: Sorenson Media, WebM, Media Player, OTT
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results