Digital TV News: TANDBERG
S&T prepares broadcasters for next-generation interactive TV at IBC
Sep 4, 2009 – Strategy & Technology is launching the MHEG Presenter 2 product suite at IBC, which builds on the existing support for digital teletext and other information services with new modules for Video on Demand (VoD) support.
News categories: S&T, IBCShow, MHEG-5, Middleware, OCAP
Ericsson Nikola Tesla signs IPTV contract in Georgia
Aug 10, 2009 – Ericsson Nikola Tesla (Zagreb: ERNT-R-A) has signed an IPTV contract with Georgian mobile operator Magticom for an end-to-end IPTV solution including provision of middleware, headend, VoD, satellite antenna subsystem and set-top boxes.
News categories: Ericsson Nikola Tesla, Magticom, Digital TV, Georgia, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Video on-demand server revenue tripling by 2013
Jul 8, 2009 – According to Infonetics Research, the number of IPTV subscribers doubled in 2008 to 26 million worldwide, and is expected to surge to 155 million by 2013. IP set-top box vendor revenue is forecast to grow at 14% annually between 2008 and 2013.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
CableLab® Announces Next in Series of Interactive and Advanced Advertising Specifications
Jul 1, 2009 – CableLabs® has announced the issuance of a new set of specifications called the Stewardship and Fulfillment Interfaces (SaFI), created to further the development of cable advertising and other interactive products.
News categories: CableLabs, Advertising, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, USA
AORA Uses TANDBERG Television Encoding for 50+ Channel DTH in Indonesia
Jun 16, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) has announced that Indonesia's newest Pay TV service provider, AORA, has selected TANDBERG Television encoders and multiplexing for over 50 channels of SD content, which are broadcast in MPEG-4 AVC over satellite.
News categories: TANDBERG, AORA, Digital TV, Indonesia, Infrastructure, Satellite
VTC Selects TANDBERG Television for HD and SD Playout to DTT and Satellite
Jun 15, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) has announced that Vietnam Multimedia (VTC) has selected TANDBERG to provide the encoding, multiplexing and modulation for 10 HD and 32 SD channels that are simultaneously played out over DTH and DTT networks.
News categories: TANDBERG, Vietnam Multimedia, Infrastructure, Satellite, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Avinity Systems and Neotion bring interactive applications to CI Plus TVs
May 25, 2009 – Avinity Systems and Neotion have integrated their offerings to bring applications such as VoD navigation, interactive ads and accessing web video to TV sets with CI Plus capability, without the need for a separate two way Set Top Box.
News categories: Neotion, Avinity Systems, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Infrastructure, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TANDBERG Television Boosts Economics of Cable VOD, Broadcast TV and Broadband
May 21, 2009 – Visitors to TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) at ANGA Cable can see solutions that improve the economics of delivering cable services, including the world's most powerful and high density MPEG-2 SD broadcast encoder and a Direct-to-TV VOD solution.
News categories: TANDBERG, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Infrastructure
- Over 200 million connected TVs and attached content devices expected in U.S. homes by 2015
- ViXS begins shipments of industry's first SoC to support Ultra HD 4K and 10-bit HEVC
- France Télévisions develops FranceTV Pluzz multiscreen offer with Anevia
- Peregrine ships RF switch for TVs, Set-Top Boxes and DVRs
- Alticast to premiere HDMI stick set-top box at CES2014
- Egatel provides transmitters for Chile's first DTT transmissions
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- 3.2 million pay TV subscribers in Ukraine's 33 largest cities
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- Worldwide transcoder vendor revenues set to get a boost from HEVC in 2014
- Tricolor TV registers 10 millionth paying subscriber
- NEOTION deploys the first Cardless CAM in MENA for My‐HD
- LG Uplus IPTV subscribers pass the 1.5 million mark