Digital TV News: TechniSat
Smart TV Alliance announces updated SDK and new members at CES 2013
Jan 6, 2013 – The Smart TV Alliance has announced that five new manufacturers and solution providers have joined the Alliance to stimulate cross-platform Smart TV applications and services. The Alliance will also announce an updated SDK at CES 2013.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, CES, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Rovi and Media Markt Introduce Digital Entertainment Services on a Range of Connected Devices
Aug 30, 2012 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) and Media Markt Germany have announced that they continue to expand the reach of Media Markt's Video-On-Demand services with new launches of the Media Markt Videodownloadshop on connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Media Markt, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2013, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Opera lifts the curtain on Opera TV Store and TV Emulator at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – At IBC 2011, Opera Software will reveal the all new Opera TV Store, a simple solution for developers to build HTML5 apps for connected TVs and devices. OEMs can take advantage of these ready-made apps and offer them to their customers in an instant.
News categories: Opera Software, Apps, Blu-ray, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TechniSat Digital and Mototech form STB Joint Venture
Dec 7, 2010 – TechniSat Digital and Mototech have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (Prime Electronic Polska Sp.z o.o.) for the supply of embedded CAS STBs in Eastern Europe.
News categories: TechniSat, Mototech, M&A, Poland, Set Top Box
DivX and TechniSat Sign Agreement to Bring DivX Certified STBs and IDTVs to German Retail Market
Sep 13, 2010 – DivX (NASDAQ: DIVX) and TechniSat Digital have announced an agreement to bring DivX technology to TechniSat digital set-top-box devices, as well as digital televisions, for the German retail market.
News categories: DivX, TechniSat, Germany, IBCShow, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TechniSat Highlights at IBC 2010
Aug 26, 2010 – TechniSat Digital will be present at IBC 2010. TechniSat will demonstrate several new innovations including the ISIO range of DVB/IP Hybrid products, PC products with 3D functionality and the recently launched DVB-T2 STB for Freeview HD in the UK.
News categories: TechniSat, IBCShow, Set Top Box
Zoran Demonstrates Latest DTV and Set-Top Box Platforms at Computex 2010
Jun 3, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest Internet Connected and 3D DTV and set-top box processor platforms for global consumer electronics manufacturers at Computex 2010 at the Grand Hyatt Taipei.
News categories: Zoran, 3D, COMPUTEX, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013