Digital TV News: Telmex
Colombia adds 440,000 pay TV subscribers in 2012
Mar 1, 2013 – Colombia’s Autoridad Nacional de Televisión (ANTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country up to December 2012. The total number of subscribers grew from 3.87 million at the end of 2011, to 4.31 million at the end of 2012, a year-on-year growth rate of 11.3%.
News categories: ANTV, Cable TV, Colombia, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
América Móvil adds 540,000 pay TV subscribers in Brazil in 4Q 2012
Feb 12, 2013 – América Móvil (BMV;NYSE:AMX;NASDAQ:AMOV;LATIBEX:XAMXL) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2012. The company finished the year with 16.4 million Pay TV subscribers, with Brazil, on its own, adding 540,000 in the fourth quarter.
News categories: América Móvil, Brazil, Cable TV, Colombia, Mexico, MMDS, Peru, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Chile's Pay TV subscribers passed 2 million mark in 2011
May 7, 2012 – Chile’s Subsecretaría de Telecomunicaciones (Subtel) has releases pay TV statistics for 2011. During the year satellite subscribers increased from 853,000 to 930,000 whereas wired (cable TV and IPTV) subscribers grew from 1.076 million to 1.138 million.
News categories: Subtel, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
3.7 million pay TV subscribers for Colombia
Nov 2, 2011 – Colombia’s Comisión Nacional de Televisión has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country up to September 2011. The total number of subscribers grew from 3.4 million at the end of Q3 2010, to over 3.7 million at the end of September 2011.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Satellite, Subscribers
Compunicate winning CA contracts in Latin America
Apr 26, 2011 – Compunicate has been winning conditional access (CA) contracts across northern Latin America. For example, Teleoperadora del Nordeste (Telenord) and Orbit Cable, both in the Dominican Republic, have deployed systems with Compunicate CA.
News categories: Compunicate, Cable TV, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Set Top Box
Telmex Colombia to move cable system to DVB-C
Mar 1, 2011 – According to NexTV Latam, the winners of Telmex Colombia's tender for its move to a digital cable system based on DVB-C are Compunicate for the headend and conditional access, and Skyworth for the first set-top boxes.
News categories: Telmex, Compunicate, Skyworth, Cable TV, Colombia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Set Top Box
Colombia ends 2010 with 3.5 million pay TV subscribers
Feb 3, 2011 – Colombia’s Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2010. The total number of subscriptions grew from 3.2 million at the end of 2009 to 3.5 million at the end of 2010.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV in Latin America – Economic Miracle or Another False Dawn
Feb 2, 2011 – Pay TV in Latin America went into overdrive during 2010, and is in for a pay TV boom lasting another four years to 2014, says a new Report from Rethink Technology Research.
News categories: Rethink Technology, Brazil, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Cisco in 30 million Pay TV homes in India
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- STMicroelectronics to showcase Set-Top Box IC portfolio at CommunicAsia 2013
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store