Digital TV News: Trident Micro
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Sep 5, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended July 28, 2012. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $68.3 million, up $21.6 million, or 46%, from $46.7 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Majority of Set-Top Box to Remain Hard Wired through 2017 Despite Dominance of Wi-Fi Home Networks
Jul 31, 2012 — While Wi-Fi remains the predominant networking technology in most consumer's homes, wired solutions are gaining traction. MoCA has become the go-to wired technology in North America, while HomePlug continues to do well in Western Europe.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePlug, Market Research, MoCA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
May 23, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its first fiscal quarter ended April 28, 2012. Net revenue for the quarter was $40.3 million, down $20.3 million, or 34%, from $60.6 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Selected to Purchase Trident's Digital Television Business
Apr 2, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has been selected as the successful bidder to acquire certain assets of Trident Microsystems' DTV Business for $21 million in cash plus assumption of specified liabilities upon the closing of the transaction.
News categories: Sigma Designs, M&A, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Signs Agreement to Purchase Trident's Digital Television Business
Mar 21, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has signed an asset purchase agreement to serve as the 'stalking horse' bidder to acquire certain assets of Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ:TRID) Digital Television (DTV) Business.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Trident Micro, Digital TV, M&A, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Entropic Selected to Acquire Trident Set-Top Box Business
Feb 27, 2012 — Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has been selected as the successful bidder to acquire Trident Microsystems' set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) assets for a purchase price of $65 million.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Digital TV, M&A, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
KAON Android-based SMART TV Certified with Adobe Flash 10.3
Feb 1, 2012 — KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: 078890) has announced that it will be showcasing its new Trident Microsystems' (NASDAQ:TRID) chipset-based set top box, built on Android 2.3 'Gingerbread' and certified with Adobe Flash 10.3, at CSTB 2012 in Moscow.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
RDA Microelectronics Signs Digital TV IP License and Development Agreement With Trident Microsystems
Jan 4, 2012 — RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq: RDA) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) allowing it to develop, manufacture and sell derivative versions of the Trident SX5 Digital TV SoC platform.
News categories: RDA Micro, Trident Micro, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results