Digital TV News: UTStarcom
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 – According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
UTStarcom Announces Launch of iTV Media Venture in Thailand
Oct 15, 2012 – UTStarcom (NASDAQ: UTSI) has announced that its partner, iTV Media has begun deploying its MeTV IPTV service in Thailand through a strategic partnership with a leading national telecommunications services provider in Thailand.
News categories: UTStarcom, MeTV, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
Big Year for Multi-Screen TV
Jul 31, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recent reports. The first tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers. The second tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes and OTT media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
UTStarcom Wins Sri Lanka Telecom IPTV Expansion Contact
Jun 14, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has won a contract from Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) to supply set-top boxes for the telecom operator's IPTV system expansion. The boxes will enable SLT to provide a number of interactive media services.
News categories: UTStarcom, Sri Lanka Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
UTStarcom Wins IPTV Broadcasting Control Platform Contract in Hainan
May 10, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has been awarded a contract from Hainan Network Television (HNWTV) to build an IPTV broadcasting control platform. The platform will support the content management and distribution needs of IPTV, Internet TV and mobile TV.
News categories: UTStarcom, China, Infrastructure, IPTV
Video Infrastructure Market Tops $800 Million in 2011; Set-Top Boxes Get Cheaper
Apr 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recently published video equipment reports 'Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers' and 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Home Server, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
UTStarcom Signs IPTV Broadcasting Control Platform Contract in Chongqing
Apr 12, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has won a contract from Chongqing Radio and Television to build an IPTV broadcasting control platform. Chongqing is the first of the 42 trial cities to award a contract to an IPTV solution provider.
News categories: UTStarcom, Chongqing Radio and Television, China, Infrastructure, IPTV
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA