Digital TV News: Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej
Beginning of implementation of digital terrestrial TV in Poland
Oct 1, 2009 – Poland's Office of Electronic Communications (UKE) has granted general exclusive frequency licences for digital terrestrial TV broadcasting on the country's first DVB-T multiplex (MUX1). MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) video coding will be used.
News categories: Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Digital TV, Poland, Regulation, Terrestrial
INFO-TV-FM wins Poland's DVB-H tender
Mar 6, 2009 – In response to its tender, Poland's Office of Electronic Communications (UKE) received two bids to offer DVB-H mobile TV services in the country. The UKE has announced that the winner is INFO-TV-FM.
News categories: Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej, INFO-TV-FM, Digital TV, DVB-H, Mobile, Poland, Regulation
Poland - Beauty contest regarding mobile TV
Oct 10, 2008 – Poland's Office of Electronic Communications has announced a beauty contest for a license to provide radio and television broadcasting services in the country using DVB-H technology.
News categories: Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Digital TV, DVB-H, Mobile, Poland, Regulation
Poland consults regarding mobile TV tender documentation
Apr 11, 2008 – The President of the Office of Electronic Communications on April 3, 2008 announced the beginning of consultations regarding the conditions of the tender for frequencies in the 470 – 790 MHz band for mobile radio - communication network.
News categories: Office of Electronic Communications, Digital TV, Mobile, Poland, Regulation
Poland - Invitation to DVB-H tests
Nov 9, 2007 – The President of Poland's UKE has invited all interested parties, especially the operators of transmission networks, hardware manufacturers and content creators to participate in common mobile TV tests in the DVB-H standard.
News categories: Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Digital TV, DVB-H, Mobile, Poland
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013