Digital TV News: ViXS Systems
ViXS to integrate latest generation of NAGRA security
Sep 25, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it is integrating NAGRA's NOCS 3 conditional access and digital rights management technology in its XCode 6400 family. NOCS 3 represents the latest embedded hardware security technology from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S).
News categories: ViXS, NAGRA, Maurice van Riek, Sally Daub, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor
Wyplay media gateway software running on ViXS XCode
Sep 13, 2013 – ViXS (TSX: VXS) has announced that their partnership with Wyplay has led to the development of an open platform for operator media gateways, customisable to have a look and feel based on the operator's unique requirements.
News categories: ViXS, Wyplay, David Jones, Dominique Feral, Gateway, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor
ViXS announces world's first SoC with native support for 10-bit HEVC and Ultra HD 4K
Sep 11, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its most advanced SoC solution for video devices in the pay television and consumer electronics markets, the XCode 6400, supporting the latest video codecs and broadcast resolution standards.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sally Daub, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS media processor selected by Sony for Personal Content Station
Jul 18, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that the ViXS XCode 4210, an SoC for consumer media devices, has been selected by Sony for its newly launched Personal Content Station LLS-201 (PCS) product.
News categories: ViXS, Sony Corp, Digital TV, Home Networking, Home Server, Semiconductor
BSkyB invests in ViXS Systems
Jun 25, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has made a strategic investment in the company. The investment was part of a recent private placement that was oversubscribed and raised more than $CDN 57.4 million as part of a going public transaction.
News categories: ViXS Systems, BSkyB, Sally Daub, Digital TV, M&A, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS announces world's first 10-bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC transcoder chip
Apr 5, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced its XCode Pro 350, the world's first silicon solution for transcoding 10-bit HEVC content to MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, enabling the media industry to save bandwidth for distributing existing content formats as well as the next-generation Ultra HD at 4K resolution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Broadcasting, Digital TV, ICs, Infrastructure, NABShow, Semiconductor
KAONMEDIA Launches Gateway Set-top Box Based On ViXS XCode Media Processor
Jan 9, 2013 – ViXS has announced that KAONMEDIA has chosen the ViXS XCode 4208 for its Entry Level Gateway (ELG). The ELG is a 'Headless Gateway' STB that transcodes and wirelessly streams content directly to client devices both on the home network and outside the home.
News categories: ViXS, KAONMEDIA, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Semiconductor
LG launches family of PVRs based on ViXS™ XCode® 4200 SoCs
Jan 8, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced that the ViXS XCode 4200 family has been selected for LG's PVR STB models. Using the XCode SoC, LG has combined STB, recording and networking functions with media transcoding to pioneer a new wave of enhanced STB PVR products.
News categories: ViXS, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4