Digital TV News: Vivo
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
Telefônica|Vivo Selects Cisco Set-Top Box Series for IPTV Launch in Brazil
Oct 10, 2012 – Telefônica|Vivo has selected the Cisco® (NASDAQ: CSCO) IP Set-Top Box Series for its new Vivo TV Fibra service. The platform will enable Vivo TV to deliver IP television services in HD, including integrated Digital Video Recorder (DVR) capabilities.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telefônica, Vivo, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Siano Launches Receiver Chip for Latin America’s Mobile TV Market
Aug 11, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new product, targeting the emerging mobile TV market in the Latin America. The SMS2130 supports the ISDB-T mobile technology, also known as ISDB-T '1-Seg'.
News categories: Siano Mobile, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB, Mobile, One-Seg, Semiconductor
Siano Scores Major Sockets with Top 3 Brazilian Operators
Apr 27, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that all top three of Brazil's mobile carriers – Vivo, Claro and TIM Brazil - are now promoting products using Siano MDTV receiver ICs, in designs from ZTE.
News categories: Siano Mobile, ZTE, Brazil, Digital TV, ISDB, Mobile, Semiconductor
ZTE and Vivo unveil low-cost handset with digital TV for Brazil
Apr 21, 2010 – ZTE (Hong Kong: 0763 / Shenzhen: 000063) has announced the Brazilian launch of the new handset N290, a low-cost cell phone with digital TV, in Brazil.
News categories: ZTE, Vivo, Brazil, ISDB, LTE, Mobile
Brazil and China Fuel Siano's Mobile DTV Surge
Feb 14, 2010 – Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) is being catapulted to mass-market levels in both China and Brazil, powered by Siano Mobile Silicon.
News categories: Siano Mobile, CMMB, Digital TV, ISDB, Mobile, MWC13, Semiconductor
ZTE to Power Mass-Market Mobile TV in Brazil
Jan 27, 2010 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that together with Vivo, Brazil’s largest mobile operator, and Siano Mobile Silicon it has introduced the first 3G modem to provide mass-market mobile TV in Brazil.
News categories: ZTE, Siano Mobile, Vivo, Brazil, Digital TV, ISDB-T, LTE, Mobile, SBTVD, Semiconductor
Telefonica posts a 22.4% increase in net profit in the first quarter to €1,538 million
May 14, 2008 – Telefónica (Madrid:TEF)(NYSE:TEF) has increased global pay TV subscribers by +64.4%. In Spain, Telefonica added 42,958 new IPTV customers in the quarter (35,591 in the same period of 2007) to give a total of 554,045 at the end of March 2008.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Broadband, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, MMDS, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013