Digital TV News: Vivo
Verimatrix selected to provide revenue security for Uruguay's TCC
Sep 5, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Uruguayan cable operator TCC has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) to provide revenue security for its multi-network and multi-screen service offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, TCC, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box, Uruguay
Pace interim results for the 6 months ended 30 June 2013
Jul 30, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has released Interim Results for the 6 months ended 30th June 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 51.8% in H1 2013 driven largely by the continuing high demand for Media Servers from both Comcast and DIRECTV.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Gateway, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
Telefônica|Vivo Selects Cisco Set-Top Box Series for IPTV Launch in Brazil
Oct 10, 2012 – Telefônica|Vivo has selected the Cisco® (NASDAQ: CSCO) IP Set-Top Box Series for its new Vivo TV Fibra service. The platform will enable Vivo TV to deliver IP television services in HD, including integrated Digital Video Recorder (DVR) capabilities.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telefônica, Vivo, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Siano Launches Receiver Chip for Latin America's Mobile TV Market
Aug 11, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new product, targeting the emerging mobile TV market in the Latin America. The SMS2130 supports the ISDB-T mobile technology, also known as ISDB-T '1-Seg'.
News categories: Siano Mobile, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Semiconductor
Siano Scores Major Sockets with Top 3 Brazilian Operators
Apr 27, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that all top three of Brazil's mobile carriers - Vivo, Claro and TIM Brazil - are now promoting products using Siano MDTV receiver ICs, in designs from ZTE.
News categories: Siano Mobile, ZTE, Brazil, Digital TV, ISDB, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
ZTE and Vivo unveil low-cost handset with digital TV for Brazil
Apr 21, 2010 – ZTE (Hong Kong: 0763 / Shenzhen: 000063) has announced the Brazilian launch of the new handset N290, a low-cost cell phone with digital TV, in Brazil.
News categories: ZTE, Vivo, Brazil, ISDB, LTE, Multiscreen
Brazil and China Fuel Siano's Mobile DTV Surge
Feb 14, 2010 – Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) is being catapulted to mass-market levels in both China and Brazil, powered by Siano Mobile Silicon.
News categories: Siano Mobile, CMMB, Digital TV, ISDB, Multiscreen, MWC13, Semiconductor
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal