Digital TV News: blinkx
blinkx Brings Premium Online Video to Sony Connected Devices
May 16, 2012 — blinkx (AIM:BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app is available on Sony (Tokyo:6758; NYSE:SNE) connected home entertainment devices. Consumers can watch videos from blinkx's index of professionally produced content on a variety of customized channels.
News categories: blinkx, Sony Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
blinkx Brings 35 Million Hours of Video to Boxee in New App
Feb 18, 2011 — blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app will soon be available on Boxee. The app will allow audiences to search, discover and watch professionally produced internet video across blinkx's index of 35 million hours of video content.
News categories: blinkx, Boxee, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
woomi Incorporates blinkx Video Content in OTT Offering
Feb 15, 2011 — blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Miniweb Technologies to give audiences worldwide access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video through Miniweb's 'woomi' connected TV service.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, woomi, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
blinkx Introduces TV API, Opens Online Video Index to Technology Partners
Feb 2, 2011 — blinkx has announced the launch of a TV API designed to provide partners in the Connected TV ecosystem – from box makers and TV manufacturers, to app developers and game consoles – access to blinkx’s index of over 35 million hours of online video.
News categories: blinkx, Digital TV, Games Console, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Belgacom Signs Strategic Partnership with blinkx to Power Video Search
Nov 17, 2010 — blinkx plc (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a strategic partnership with Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to power TV and Video Search across Belgacom's new entertainment platform. The strategic partnership is exclusive for Belgium and Luxembourg.
News categories: blinkx, Belgacom, Belgium, Infrastructure, IPTV, Luxembourg, Mobile, OTT, PC Video
blinkx to Provide Search, Personalization and Recommendation Feature for Amino's Hybrid/OTT Set-Top Box
Nov 9, 2010 — blinkx (AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Amino (AIM: AMO) to develop an integrated search, recommendation and personalization solution powered by blinkx technology to be deployed on Amino's hybrid/OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: blinkx, Amino, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Miniweb to integrate blinkx's video search engine
May 12, 2009 — blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced an integration agreement with Miniweb. Under the deal Miniweb will use blinkx’s software for video search, syndication, recommendations, targeting and personalization as part of its online services platform.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, OTT
blinkx Introduces BBTV, Fusing High-Quality, Premium TV Content with the Interactive Power of the Web
Apr 2, 2008 — blinkx has announced the availability of blinkx BBTV - online TV that leverages blinkx's speech and visual recognition technology to simultaneously deliver a high-quality TV experience and link it to the universe of information on the Web.
News categories: blinkx, Broadband, Digital TV, OTT, P2P, PC Video
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision