Digital TV News: blinkx
blinkx Brings Premium Online Video to Sony Connected Devices
May 16, 2012 – blinkx (AIM:BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app is available on Sony (Tokyo:6758; NYSE:SNE) connected home entertainment devices. Consumers can watch videos from blinkx's index of professionally produced content on a variety of customized channels.
News categories: blinkx, Sony Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
blinkx Brings 35 Million Hours of Video to Boxee in New App
Feb 18, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app will soon be available on Boxee. The app will allow audiences to search, discover and watch professionally produced internet video across blinkx's index of 35 million hours of video content.
News categories: blinkx, Boxee, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
woomi Incorporates blinkx Video Content in OTT Offering
Feb 15, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Miniweb Technologies to give audiences worldwide access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video through Miniweb's 'woomi' connected TV service.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, woomi, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
blinkx Introduces TV API, Opens Online Video Index to Technology Partners
Feb 2, 2011 – blinkx has announced the launch of a TV API designed to provide partners in the Connected TV ecosystem - from box makers and TV manufacturers, to app developers and game consoles - access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video.
News categories: blinkx, Digital TV, Games Console, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Belgacom Signs Strategic Partnership with blinkx to Power Video Search
Nov 17, 2010 – blinkx plc (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a strategic partnership with Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to power TV and Video Search across Belgacom's new entertainment platform. The strategic partnership is exclusive for Belgium and Luxembourg.
News categories: blinkx, Belgacom, Belgium, Infrastructure, IPTV, Luxembourg, Multiscreen, OTT, PC Video
blinkx to Provide Search, Personalization and Recommendation Feature for Amino's Hybrid/OTT Set-Top Box
Nov 9, 2010 – blinkx (AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Amino (AIM: AMO) to develop an integrated search, recommendation and personalization solution powered by blinkx technology to be deployed on Amino's hybrid/OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: blinkx, Amino, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Miniweb to integrate blinkx's video search engine
May 12, 2009 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced an integration agreement with Miniweb. Under the deal Miniweb will use blinkx's software for video search, syndication, recommendations, targeting and personalization as part of its online services platform.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, OTT
blinkx Introduces BBTV, Fusing High-Quality, Premium TV Content with the Interactive Power of the Web
Apr 2, 2008 – blinkx has announced the availability of blinkx BBTV - online TV that leverages blinkx's speech and visual recognition technology to simultaneously deliver a high-quality TV experience and link it to the universe of information on the Web.
News categories: blinkx, Broadband, Digital TV, OTT, P2P, PC Video
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense