Digital TV News: AuthenTec
Alcatel-Lucent and AuthenTec Enable Portugal Telecom to Securely Deliver Mobile Video
Jul 23, 2012 — Alcatel-Lucent (Paris;NYSE:ALU) and AuthenTec (NASDAQ:AUTH) are supporting Portugal Telecom (Lisbon:PTC; NYSE:PT) in the launch of Meo Go!, a service that allows subscribers to use their smartphones and tablets to access content that was previously confined to their TVs and PCs.
News categories: AuthenTec, Alcatel-Lucent, Portugal Telecom, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Infrastructure, IPTV, Mobile, Portugal, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
J:COM Selects AuthenTec DRM Fusion™ Content Protection for VoD
Jul 9, 2012 — AuthenTec (NASDAQ:AUTH) has announced that it has teamed with J:COM (JASDAQ: 4817) to deliver J:COM's Video On Demand (VOD) services to its 2.5 million subscribers in Japan. J:COM will use AuthenTec’s downloadable DRM Fusion and DRM Fusion Server.
News categories: AuthenTec, Jupiter Telecommunications, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Japan, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
QuickPlay Expands Content Security Capabilities for Multiscreen Video Services
Apr 19, 2012 — QuickPlay Media has announced enhancements to its OpenVideo platform. New content security features include additional integrations with AuthenTec to support PlayReady for Live TV and full certification by Google Widevine for Live TV and VOD.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, AuthenTec, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
AuthenTec and Insys Help Deliver CANAL+ Streaming TV Content to Mobile Subscribers in Poland
Mar 15, 2012 — AuthenTec (NASDAQ:AUTH) and Insys have announced that CYFRA+ has launched a smooth streaming content service for mobile devices that uses AuthenTec’s Downloadable DRM Fusion™ content protection and Insys’ InsysPlay video playback platform.
News categories: AuthenTec, Insys, CYFRA+, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Smartphone
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 — Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Sky Deutschland Selects AuthenTec DRM to Deliver Premium Content to iPads
Oct 18, 2011 — AuthenTec (NASDAQ: AUTH) has announced that Sky Deutschland has chosen AuthenTec's DRM Fusion™ Downloadable client to deliver premium content services to Apple tablets via its new Sky Go application.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, AuthenTec, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Satellite, Tablet
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results