Digital TV News: BITKOM
Connected TV sales booming in Europe
Jun 11, 2012 — According to BITKOM, connected TV sales in Europe are booming, with the number of sets sold this year expected to be up 68% on 2011 at 19.1 million units. Over one third of TVs sold (37%) are now internet enabled.
News categories: BITKOM, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Connected TV sales growing fast in Europe
Jul 17, 2011 — According to BITKOM, quoting data from the European Information Technology Observatory (EITO), sales of connected TVs in the European Union will reach 10 million units this year, rising to 13 million in 2012.
News categories: BITKOM, European Information Technology Observatory, Digital TV, EU, France, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, UK
26,000 3D TVs sold to date in Germany
Aug 5, 2010 — According to a survey commissioned by BITKOM, the number of 3D-capable TVs sold in Germany since their launch in March has reached 26,000, with 16 million Germans, or 1 in 6 of the population, saying that they want to buy a 3D TV.
News categories: BITKOM, 3D, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Connected TVs booming in Germany
Apr 8, 2010 — In the past year, according to a survey by the GfK, 550,000 TV sets with built-in web access were sold in Germany. In 2010, based on calculations by BITKOM, that number will be around 2 million units - nearly a quadrupling of sales.
News categories: BITKOM, GfK, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
IPTV subscribers to reach 1.2 million in Germany this year
Jun 17, 2009 — BITKOM, the voice of the information technology, telecommunications, and new media industry in Germany, expects the number of IPTV subscribers in Germany to reach 1.5 million at the end of 2010, up from 1.2 million at the end of this year.
News categories: BITKOM, Germany, IPTV, Subscribers
Germany's number of IPTV customers grows to over half a million
Feb 1, 2009 — According to BITKOM, the voice of the information technology, telecommunications, and new media industry in Germany, the number of IPTV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2008 was 536,000, up from 180,000 at the end of 2007.
News categories: BITKOM, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Subscribers
45 percent of Germans watch TV digitally
Sep 4, 2007 — In total there are approximately 17.9 million German households, i.e. about 45 percent, watching TV digitally. 21.8 million households still receive analogue TV signals.
News categories: BITKOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps