Digital TV News: BITKOM
58% of TVs sold in Germany are now smart
Aug 5, 2013 – According to a survey carried out by GfK for Germany's Federal Association for Information Technology, Telecommunications and New Media (BITKOM), 58% of the televisions sold so far this year in the country are capable of being connected to the internet.
News categories: BITKOM, Blu-ray, Games Console, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Connected TV sales booming in Europe
Jun 11, 2012 – According to BITKOM, connected TV sales in Europe are booming, with the number of sets sold this year expected to be up 68% on 2011 at 19.1 million units. Over one third of TVs sold (37%) are now internet enabled.
News categories: BITKOM, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Connected TV sales growing fast in Europe
Jul 17, 2011 – According to BITKOM, quoting data from the European Information Technology Observatory (EITO), sales of connected TVs in the European Union will reach 10 million units this year, rising to 13 million in 2012.
News categories: BITKOM, European Information Technology Observatory, Digital TV, EU, France, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, UK
26,000 3D TVs sold to date in Germany
Aug 5, 2010 – According to a survey commissioned by BITKOM, the number of 3D-capable TVs sold in Germany since their launch in March has reached 26,000, with 16 million Germans, or 1 in 6 of the population, saying that they want to buy a 3D TV.
News categories: BITKOM, 3D, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Connected TVs booming in Germany
Apr 8, 2010 – In the past year, according to a survey by the GfK, 550,000 TV sets with built-in web access were sold in Germany. In 2010, based on calculations by BITKOM, that number will be around 2 million units - nearly a quadrupling of sales.
News categories: BITKOM, GfK, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
IPTV subscribers to reach 1.2 million in Germany this year
Jun 17, 2009 – BITKOM, the voice of the information technology, telecommunications, and new media industry in Germany, expects the number of IPTV subscribers in Germany to reach 1.5 million at the end of 2010, up from 1.2 million at the end of this year.
News categories: BITKOM, Germany, IPTV, Subscribers
Germany's number of IPTV customers grows to over half a million
Feb 1, 2009 – According to BITKOM, the voice of the information technology, telecommunications, and new media industry in Germany, the number of IPTV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2008 was 536,000, up from 180,000 at the end of 2007.
News categories: BITKOM, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Subscribers
45 percent of Germans watch TV digitally
Sep 4, 2007 – In total there are approximately 17.9 million German households, i.e. about 45 percent, watching TV digitally. 21.8 million households still receive analogue TV signals.
News categories: BITKOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- Worldwide transcoder vendor revenues set to get a boost from HEVC in 2014
- Tricolor TV registers 10 millionth paying subscriber
- NEOTION deploys the first Cardless CAM in MENA for My‐HD
- LG Uplus IPTV subscribers pass the 1.5 million mark
- Opera launches Chromium/Blink engine for RDK set-top boxes
- 2.5 million TV subscribers for Russia's ER-Telecom
- Simple.TV selects Gracenote to power EPGs for on-screen and second screen apps
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Motive and icube to develop Tablet TV dongle for UK Freeview
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus