Digital TV News: Belgacom
Belgacom begins roll out of TV Replay catch-up TV service
Nov 13, 2013 – Belgacom has announced the start of a test phase for its TV Replay service, which allows its TV customers to watch programs up to 36 hours after they've been broadcast, on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone.
News categories: Belgacom, Bruno Chauvat, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Wyplay media gateway software running on ViXS XCode
Sep 13, 2013 – ViXS (TSX: VXS) has announced that their partnership with Wyplay has led to the development of an open platform for operator media gateways, customisable to have a look and feel based on the operator's unique requirements.
News categories: ViXS, Wyplay, David Jones, Dominique Feral, Gateway, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor
AirTies endorses Frog by Wyplay open source initiative
Sep 10, 2013 – AirTies has announced that it is to collaborate with Wyplay in support of the Frog by Wyplay initiative. The initiative provides access to full source code including: client device middleware, backend add-ons and companion applications.
News categories: Wyplay, AirTies, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay middleware to go open-source
Sep 5, 2013 – Wyplay has announced Frog by Wyplay, an initiative aiming to free all actors in the TV ecosystem from being locked into proprietary solutions. Thanks to Frog by Wyplay, the full source code of Wyplay's set-top box middleware and backend add-ons will be accessible free of charge.
News categories: Wyplay, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware
Technicolor selected by Belgacom for next generation ultra-broadband Gateway
Jun 19, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris:TCH) has announced that it has been selected to supply Belgacom, the leading telecommunications company in Belgium, for its next generation 'BBOX3', to roll-out smart home services over its ultra-broadband network.
News categories: Technicolor, Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV
Belgacom introduces smaller IPTV set-top box
Jun 11, 2013 – Belgacom has announced teh introduction of new modem,TV decoder, and Wi-Fi Bridge. The decoder is smaller, three times more powerful, and twice as energy efficient as the previous version.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Nokia Siemens Networks closes the sale of Belgacom related IPTV assets
Oct 2, 2012 – Nokia Siemens Networks has closed the sale of its Belgacom related IPTV assets to Belgacom. The divestment is part of Nokia Siemens Networks' strategy to focus on mobile broadband and services.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Infrastructure, IPTV, M&A, Middleware
Belgacom Deploys Wyplay Software on Its TV Set-Top Boxes
Sep 7, 2012 – Wyplay has announced that Belgacom has updated its installed base of TV Set-Top Boxes (STBs) with Wyplay's latest generation software.
News categories: Wyplay, Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal