Digital TV News: Cisco Systems
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Set Top Box
STB market springs back; video gateways, media players drive future growth
Apr 8, 2013 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 4th quarter 2012 (4Q12) and year-end Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report, which tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes (STBs) and over-the-top (OTT) media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Broadcom announces high-definition cable digital-transport adapter SoC
Mar 11, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a high definition (HD) cable digital-transport adapter (DTA) system-on-a-chip (SoC) with integrated Full-Band Capture technology. The BCM7576 enables North American cable operators to provide enhanced basic digital HD services.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Telenet Selects Cisco Videoscape Snowflake to Provide Multiscreen Yelo TV User Experience
Mar 5, 2013 — Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Telenet, a cable TV operator in Belgium, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ Snowflake user interface to provide advanced navigation of content and services across its platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Middleware
GET to Deliver a New Connected Entertainment Experience for Subscribers with Cisco Videoscape Unity
Mar 5, 2013 — Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that GET, a cable operator in Norway, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ Unity video services delivery platform for the next generation of its service, including personalized and synchronized TV across multiple devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, GET, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Norway, TV Everywhere
Video Hardware Infrastructure Revenues to Reach $3.8 Billion by 2017 as Consolidation Gathers Pace
Mar 1, 2013 — According to ABI Research, the infrastructure video equipment market will reach $3.8 billion dollars in 2017, up from $2.8 billion in 2012. Video encoders represent the fasted growing sub segment, growing over 10% annually, compared to 6% for the market as a whole.
News categories: ABI Research, Infrastructure, Market Research
Cisco Wins Big in India as Chinese Set-top Box Manufacturers Surge
Feb 19, 2013 — Cisco Systems won significant standard definition (SD) set-top box business in India in the quarter ending January 26, 2013. Cisco shipped 1.3 million boxes in the fourth quarter compared with 850K in the third quarter, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
RVU Alliance Expands to Include New Operators In Latin America
Jan 7, 2013 — The RVU Alliance has welcomed two new members, with Sky Mexico and DIRECTV PanAmericana, joining DIRECTV and Sky Brasil to the roster of Pay TV broadcast operators supporting the standard.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Sky Mexico, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Caribbean, CES, Chile, Colombia, DLNA, Ecuador, Gateway, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, UPnP, Uruguay, Venezuela
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results