Digital TV News: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel
Digital TV in 99.3% of French households at end-2011
Jun 27, 2012 – France's Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has reported results from its survey on the penetration of digital TV in French households. At the end of 2011, 99.3% of French households had at least one TV connected to a digital TV source.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
smart electronic selects ANT for HbbTV
Dec 13, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that leading set-top box manufacturer smart electronic GmbH, has licensed its ANT Galio HbbTV Platform. The new range of hybrid STBs will deliver HbbTV services under the SMART brand to the German FTA market.
News categories: ANT plc, smart electronic GmbH, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
France's CSA publishes 1H 2011 digital TV penetration survey
Dec 5, 2011 – The CSA has reported latest results from its survey on the penetration of digital TV in French households. 62.6% of households have chosen DTT as their method of digital TV reception, up 2.4 percentage points since the end of 2010.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Cable TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
TDF testing DVB-T2 transmissions in Brittany
Nov 25, 2011 – France's Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has announced that is has authorised a trial by TDF of digital terrestrial television (DTT) transmissions using DVB-T2.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, TDF, DVB-T2, France, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
HbbTV Achieves Fifty Members for IBC 2011
Sep 8, 2011 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced that since opening for membership in May 2011 it has now reached fifty members. At IBC over thirty companies will demonstrate HbbTV implementations.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Europe, France, Germany, HbbTV, IBCShow, Spain
DTT in 60% of French households
Apr 6, 2011 – France's CSA has reported latest results from its survey on the penetration of digital TV in French households. More than nine out of ten households are now equipped to receive digital TV, with 60% having chosen DTT as their digital service.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Cable TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
CSA authorises HbbTV trial in Auxerre
Apr 1, 2011 – France's Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has authorised an interactive DTT trial based on the HbbTV standard. The trial, co-ordinated by the HD Forum, is for a period of two months and takes place in Burgundy's Auxerre region.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, HD Forum, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Terrestrial
ANT and Ocean Blue Partner for HbbTV and Connected TV solutions
Sep 2, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced a partnership with Ocean Blue Software. The combined solution provides connected TV services, including HbbTV, by integrating the ANT Galio Platform with Ocean Blue's Sunrise™ DVB and Voyager™ MHEG technology.
News categories: ANT plc, Ocean Blue, Digital TV, HbbTV, Home Networking, MHEG-5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV