Digital TV News: D-Link
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Set Top Box
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 – According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Azuki Systems Partners with D-Link to Bring OTT Content to Multi-Screens
May 18, 2012 – Azuki Systems has announced that D-Link's new companion set-top-box (STB) embedded with the Azuki Media Client allows cable TV operators to offer customers access to over-the-top content in their living rooms via multi-screens and home TV sets.
News categories: D-Link, Azuki Systems, Cable TV, China, Japan, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Taiwan, The Cable Show
Video Infrastructure Market Tops $800 Million in 2011; Set-Top Boxes Get Cheaper
Apr 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recently published video equipment reports 'Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers' and 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Home Server, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
D-Link Ushers in New Era of Wi-Fi with 802.11ac Technology Support
Jan 10, 2012 – D-Link (Taipei:2332) has announced its support of the next-generation Wi-Fi standard 802.11ac, to deliver gigabit wireless speeds, higher capacity and broader coverage to home networks.
News categories: D-Link, CES, Home Networking, Wireless
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 – Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, VDSL
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)