Digital TV News: D-Link
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Results
Aug 24, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its quarter ended July 30, 2011. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was $46.7 million, down $26.6 million, or 36%, from $73.3 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor
HomePlug Node Shipments to Surpass 30 Million by 2014
Jun 29, 2011 – Acording to In-Stat, set-top box home networking will be dominated by MoCA over the next five years. However, G.hn will make impressive gains becoming the second most popular standard by 2013 and challenging MoCA by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Coax, Digital TV, Gateway, HomePlug, HomePNA, Market Research, MoCA, Personal Video Recorder, Phoneline, Powerline, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HomePlug, HomePNA and MoCA Networking Nodes Shipments Surpass 40 Million in 2010
Apr 26, 2011 – The demand for more bandwidth-consuming applications is causing service providers to turn to wired networking solutions, propelling non-Ethernet home networking node shipments past the 40 million units in 2010, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, HomePNA, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Demand for Securing Premium Content on Any Device Drives Rapid Growth for Irdeto in U.S. Market
Apr 11, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced a successful close to fiscal year 2011, with increased market penetration in the U.S. and a solidified position as the top security partner for operators offering premium content on a vast array of consumer devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Content Protection, NABShow, USA
Home network market up as new devices create 'digital homes' and allow media sharing
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released its new quarterly Home Networking Devices market forecast report. Pace (LSE: PIC), which recently acquired 2Wire, now leads the residential gateway market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, HomePlug, Market Research, MoCA, Router
Irdeto Launches ActiveCloak for Media: Dynamic Security Solution to Combat Digital Entertainment Piracy
Feb 28, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has launched ActiveCloak for Media, the first and only dynamic security solution to protect and monetize high-value digital entertainment assets throughout their entire lifecycle and across a wide range of consumer devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Content Protection, Games Console, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Vladlink to Launch IPTV in Russia with Netris
Feb 21, 2011 – Vladlink and Netris have announced the launch of an IPTV service in the Russian Far East based on Netris' iVision Middleware. The digital TV service appears under the VladLink.TV brand.
News categories: Netris, Vladlink, Asia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
blinkx Brings 35 Million Hours of Video to Boxee in New App
Feb 18, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced that a blinkx app will soon be available on Boxee. The app will allow audiences to search, discover and watch professionally produced internet video across blinkx's index of 35 million hours of video content.
News categories: blinkx, Boxee, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense