Digital TV News: DiBcom
Solaris Mobile Ready to Launch at the Mobile World Congress
Feb 10, 2009 – At the Mobile World Congress, Solaris Mobile and its partners will provide mobile TV solutions based on DVB-SH by moving vehicles on two different demonstration platforms and on its Booth AV05a to next generation handsets and multimedia players.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, DVB-SH, Europe, In-Car, Multiscreen, MWC13
DiBcom Launches a Revolutionary Solution for Mobile TV
Feb 4, 2009 – DiBcom has announced the launch of its new platform that offers device manufacturers a solution to the problem of multiple standards worldwide for fixed and mobile TV. Referred to as 'Octopus', the chip is based on a programmable architecture.
News categories: DiBcom, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, DVB-SH, ICs, In-Car, ISDB-T, Multiscreen, MWC13, One-Seg, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Tablet, Terrestrial
Planned EU tax could kill mobile TV
Dec 23, 2008 – European Commission plans to introduce a 14 percent tax on cellphones with TV receivers would kill the potentially lucrative market before it ever takes off, a senior official at DiBcom has said.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, EU, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Multiscreen, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Semiconductor, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
DiBcom offers Mobile TV on the new Mio navigation device in Europe
Dec 11, 2008 – DiBcom has announced that its technology is now being integrated into the Mio Technology's C728, a top-of-the-line portable navigation device (PND), enabling it to receive free-to-air DVB-T Television.
News categories: DiBcom, Mio Technology, Digital TV, Europe, Portable, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Terrestrial
DiBcom and CANAL+ Group partner to offer the first DTT HD decoder in a USB Key device
Dec 8, 2008 – DiBcom has announced its involvement in the design of the CANAL+ KEY, the first USB key-sized Digital Terrestrial TV HD decoder in the world. The device enables the reception of French pay-TV programmes (SD and HD) on PCs anywhere, any time.
News categories: DiBcom, CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
DiBcom teams up with LG to offer a 3G+ touchscreen phone with integrated Mobile TV
Nov 25, 2008 – DiBcom has announced that its latest generation Mobile TV receiver enables free-to-air DVB-T digital TV broadcasts on LG Electronics' (Seoul:066570) new multimedia handset - the LG KB770.
News categories: DiBcom, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Germany, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
DiBcom Launches New Very Low Power Mobile TV Receivers
Sep 10, 2008 – DiBcom is pleased to announce two new products, the DIB9090 and DIB8090, which both support very low power mobile TV reception of DVB-T and ISDB-T 13-Seg signals respectively. These chips also support the reception of DVB-H and ISDB-T 1-Seg.
News categories: DiBcom, Digital TV, DVB-H, IBCShow, ICs, ISDB-T, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Multiconn and DiBcom partner to offer an enhanced in-car TV receiver
Sep 4, 2008 – DiBcom is pleased to announce that the Italian company MTC Multiconn will be the first to implement DiBcom's 'diversity-4' technology in their in-car digital TV receiver.
News categories: DiBcom, Multiconn, Digital TV, DVB-H, IBCShow, In-Car, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV