Digital TV News: DiBcom
Solaris Mobile Ready to Launch at the Mobile World Congress
Feb 10, 2009 — At the Mobile World Congress, Solaris Mobile and its partners will provide mobile TV solutions based on DVB-SH by moving vehicles on two different demonstration platforms and on its Booth AV05a to next generation handsets and multimedia players.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, DVB-SH, Europe, In-Car, Mobile, MWC13
DiBcom Launches a Revolutionary Solution for Mobile TV
Feb 4, 2009 — DiBcom has announced the launch of its new platform that offers device manufacturers a solution to the problem of multiple standards worldwide for fixed and mobile TV. Referred to as 'Octopus', the chip is based on a programmable architecture.
News categories: DiBcom, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, DVB-SH, ICs, In-Car, ISDB-T, Mobile, MWC13, One-Seg, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Tablet, Terrestrial
Planned EU tax could kill mobile TV
Dec 23, 2008 — European Commission plans to introduce a 14 percent tax on cellphones with TV receivers would kill the potentially lucrative market before it ever takes off, a senior official at DiBcom has said.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, EU, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Semiconductor, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
DiBcom offers Mobile TV on the new Mio navigation device in Europe
Dec 11, 2008 — DiBcom has announced that its technology is now being integrated into the Mio Technology's C728, a top-of-the-line portable navigation device (PND), enabling it to receive free-to-air DVB-T Television.
News categories: DiBcom, Mio Technology, Digital TV, Europe, Portable, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Terrestrial
DiBcom and CANAL+ Group partner to offer the first DTT HD decoder in a USB Key device
Dec 8, 2008 — DiBcom has announced its involvement in the design of the CANAL+ KEY, the first USB key-sized Digital Terrestrial TV HD decoder in the world. The device enables the reception of French pay-TV programmes (SD and HD) on PCs anywhere, any time.
News categories: DiBcom, CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
DiBcom teams up with LG to offer a 3G+ touchscreen phone with integrated Mobile TV
Nov 25, 2008 — DiBcom has announced that its latest generation Mobile TV receiver enables free-to-air DVB-T digital TV broadcasts on LG Electronics' (Seoul:066570) new multimedia handset - the LG KB770.
News categories: DiBcom, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
DiBcom Launches New Very Low Power Mobile TV Receivers
Sep 10, 2008 — DiBcom is pleased to announce two new products, the DIB9090 and DIB8090, which both support very low power mobile TV reception of DVB-T and ISDB-T 13-Seg signals respectively. These chips also support the reception of DVB-H and ISDB-T 1-Seg.
News categories: DiBcom, Digital TV, DVB-H, IBC, ICs, ISDB-T, Mobile, One-Seg, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Multiconn and DiBcom partner to offer an enhanced in-car TV receiver
Sep 4, 2008 — DiBcom is pleased to announce that the Italian company MTC Multiconn will be the first to implement DiBcom's 'diversity-4' technology in their in-car digital TV receiver.
News categories: DiBcom, Multiconn, Digital TV, DVB-H, IBC, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results