Digital TV News: Digital TV Labs
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 — Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF – Open IPTV Forum – has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, Set Top Box, Test
Digital TV Labs is first official HbbTV test centre
Nov 15, 2012 — Digital TV Labs has announced that it is the first HbbTV test centre officially registered by the HbbTV Consortium. The Consortium announced the release of the official HbbTV 1.1.1 Test Suite in August this year, key to HbbTV certification.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Test
Digital TV Labs becomes Dolby licensee to provide certification services for CE manufacturers
Sep 3, 2012 — Digital TV Labs has announced that it has become an official licensee of Dolby Laboratories. The licence enables Digital TV Labs to offer CE manufacturers and middleware vendors a new streamlined service for Dolby pre-testing.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Test
Digital TV Labs announces support for HbbTV Test Suite
Aug 21, 2012 — Digital TV Labs has announced its full support for the official release of the HbbTV Test Suite via its advanced Ligada iSuite test harness. The company is also offering manufacturers a 30-day free trial of Ligada iSuite.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, Test
SmarDTV SmarCAM successfully completes CI Plus v1.3 certification
Aug 9, 2012 — SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its SmarCAM-3.5 Conditional Access Module has passed CI Plus v1.3 certification. In addition, Digital TV Labs has made a custom development based on the SmarCAM for the official CI Plus Test Tool.
News categories: SmarDTV, Digital TV Labs, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
HD Forum releases TNT2.0 specifications and conformance tests
Jul 25, 2012 — The HD Forum has announced the release of TNT 2.0 specifications, developed in in partnership with the HbbTV consortium, for use in the French market and coming into effect at the end of July 2012.
News categories: HD FORUM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 — Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Farncombe and Digital TV Labs launch TNT 2.0 test suite for HbbTV connected TV devices
Jun 8, 2012 — Farncombe and Digital TV Labs have announced the launch of a TNT 2.0 test suite for manufacturers launching connected TV devices based on the latest version of the European Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV standard, HbbTV 1.5.
News categories: Farncombe, Digital TV Labs, HD Forum, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, France, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Test
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results