Digital TV News: Digital TV Research Ltd
Asia Pacific pay TV boom to continue
Mar 27, 2013 — Pay TV revenues in Asia Pacific will be $12 billion higher in 2018 ($43.9 billion total) than in 2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Asia Pacific report estimates that pay TV revenues will grow by $2.1 billion in 2013 to $33.9 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 — The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
Latin America adding 10 million digital TV households each year
Oct 9, 2012 — The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the Digital TV Latin America 2012 report has been added to its Market Research store. Most Latin American territories are experiencing a surge in digital TV take-up, according to the report.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Pay TV penetration close to saturation point in North America
Oct 2, 2012 — The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV North America 2012' report has been added to its store. Pay TV penetration has almost reached saturation point in Canada and the US, so operators are fighting amongst themselves for new subscribers.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 — The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
The Digital TV Consultancy opens Market Research Store
Sep 13, 2012 — The Digital TV Consultancy, a provider of marketing services to the digital consumer technology industry, has announced that it has created an online store for the sale of research reports covering the digital video market.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Triple-play subscriptions to rocket to 400 million
Aug 21, 2012 — Global triple-play subscriptions will reach 400 million by 2017; up by nearly 300 million on the end-2011 total and up by 380 million on the 2007 total, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, UK, USA
On-demand TV revenues to climb by 54%
Aug 15, 2012 — On-demand TV revenues from movies and TV programs will reach US$6.0 billion in 2017, up from US$3.9 billion in 2011 and US$2.3 billion in 2007, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Canada, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Spain, UK, USA
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market