Digital TV News: European Broadcasting Union
Sony to show 4K Ultra HD at MIPTV
Apr 3, 2013 — As part of its 50th anniversary theme of Screening the Future, MIPTV has partnered with Sony Corporation to present what will be the next game-changing innovation in television's evolution, ultra-high-definition. MIPTV will take place in Cannes, 8-11 April 2013.
News categories: MIPTV, Sony Corp, Broadcasting, Infrastructure, MIPTV
EBU Initiates First Large Scale MPEG-DASH Trial For London Olympics
Jul 31, 2012 — The commercial deployment of the MPEG-DASH standard is one step closer with the first live public trial. The DASH Promoters Group is facilitating live MPEG-DASH streaming of the 2012 London Olympics to demonstrate the benefits of the standard.
News categories: Belgium, Digital TV, OTT
New EBU Recommendation on Future Spectrum Use
Jun 26, 2012 — The EBU has published a recommendation on spectrum management. The recommendation points out that there are differences in terrestrial broadcasting between EBU Member markets. Such differences should be taken into account when planning UHF usage in future.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Europe, Infrastructure, Mobile, Terrestrial
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 — European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 — More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Protecting TV services from harmful interference from mobile telecoms terminals
Sep 9, 2011 — DigiTAG, the EBU, BNE and ACT have jointly issued a further set of formal recommendations aimed at ensuring the adoption of technical safeguards to protect from harmful interference television services delivered by digital terrestrial.
News categories: DigiTAG, European Broadcasting Union, Broadcast Networks Europe, Association of Commercial Television in Europe, IBC, Mobile, Terrestrial
European Broadcasting Union to present tech advances made by public service broadcasters, at IBC
Aug 31, 2011 — At IBC, the European Broadcasting Union will demonstrate live end-to-end 1080p/50 transmissions between Frankfurt, Geneva and Amsterdam, and provide comparisons, in the 1080p HDTV format, between H.264 and VP8 for web-based video encoding.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, IBC
EBU publishes DVB-T2 planning guidance
May 18, 2011 — The EBU has published a report on network and frequency planning for DVB-T2 terrestrial television services. It is complementary information to the ETSI system specification and implementation guideline and the corresponding DVB Blue Books.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market