Digital TV News: Evolution Digital
Columbus Communications Launches Digital IP Video Technology Platform with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware
Oct 17, 2012 — Columbus Communications has announced that, in partnership with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware, they are offering a Pre-Integrated Hybrid IP Video Platform in 25 countries in the greater Caribbean, Central America and Andean region.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Columbus Communications, Conax, Cubiware, DRM, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, SCTE, Set Top Box
Evolution Digital and Rovi Collaborate to Bring Popular Guide Experience to DTAs
Aug 22, 2012 — Evolution Digital and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) have announced that they will be working together to bring the popular experience of Rovi Guides to Evolution’s Universal Digital Transport Adapters (uDTAs).
News categories: Rovi Corp, Evolution Digital, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Conax Wins Grupo TV Cable, Ecuador Contract
Jul 31, 2012 — Conax has announced a contract with Grupo TV Cable in Ecuador. With set-top box provider Evolution Digital, Conax has deployed content security to enable TV Cable's digital migration and additional services such as pre-paid voucher and pay-per-view.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Grupo TV Cable, ABTA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ecuador, Set Top Box
Cablemás adds Cubiware VOD platform
Apr 12, 2012 — Conax and Evolution Digital have announced that they have partnered with Cubiware to provide Cablemás with a VOD platform using Adaptive Bit Rate technology, to maximize bandwidth efficiency, and reduce operating costs.
News categories: Cubiware, Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Mexico, Middleware, NABShow
NCTC Signs Multi-Year Evolution Digital Deal to Bring Member’s Savings on DTAs and TiVo Set-Top Boxes
Feb 20, 2012 — Evolution Digital has announced that it has signed an agreement with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC). Under the agreement, NCTC is able to provide members a lower price per unit by aggregating member orders for Evolution Digital’s SD and HD uDTAs and TiVo® Premiere DVRs.
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Cable TV, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital Continues to Secure uDTA Business Throughout the US
Jul 6, 2011 — Evolution Digital is providimg uDTAs to WEHCO Video, a communications company serving residential and business accounts in 13 communities in 4 states. Wehco Video is currently deploying uDTAs to reclaim bandwidth for launching HD programming.
News categories: Evolution Digital, WEHCO, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Cablemás expands use of Conax security and Evolution set-top boxes
May 24, 2011 — In 2010, Mexico’s Cablemás entered an agreement with Conax, and Evolution Digital. Now Cablemás is expanding their digital service offering to include IP video services using the Conax security platform and Evolution hybrid IP set-tops and DVRs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
iPad Helps Spark a Cable Set-Top Revolution
Oct 19, 2010 — The arrival of high-powered end-user devices such as the Apple iPad is driving cable network operators to demand more sophisticated set-top boxes (STBs) from equipment suppliers, according to the latest report from Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Cable TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security