Digital TV News: FOXTEL
Foxtel to launch OTT TV service in Australia
Mar 14, 2013 — Australia's Foxtel has announced Foxtel Play, an internet delivered TV service to be available across a range of computers, TVs and games consoles. Foxtel Play customers will also be able to watch on the move with the Foxtel Go app.
News categories: Foxtel, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Pace plc: Preliminary Results for the year ended 31 December 2012
Mar 5, 2013 — Pace plc (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2012. STB and Media Server revenues were up 2.9% to $1,826.0m in 2012, driven largely by the high demand for Media Servers in H2 for both DIRECTV's Genie™ Advanced Whole-Home HD DVR and the XG1 for Comcast's new X1 service.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Gateway, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski saw strong growth in South America in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 — The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 annual results. 2012 was marked by strong demand for the Group's portfolio in South America, becoming the second largest market after the US for the Group.
News categories: Kudelski, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, Nigeria, Results, Tanzania
Telstra Half Year ended 31 December 2012
Feb 7, 2013 — Telstra has released Financial Results for the Half Year ended 31 December 2012. TV revenue grew by 0.9% to $333 million, driven primarily by IPTV Content. Cable revenue increased by 5.2% to $61 milllion. The FOXTEL subscriber base was up 1.7% in the period to just under 2.3m.
News categories: Telstra, Australia, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Pace plc: 2012 Trading Update
Jan 10, 2013 — Pace plc (LSE: PIC) has provided an unaudited update for the financial year ended 31 December 2012 ahead of preliminary results to be announced on 5 March 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Results, Set Top Box
Accedo help launch FOXTEL on Samsung Smart TVs in Australia
Jul 9, 2012 — Accedo has announced that it has helped FOXTEL launch their first connected TV application in Australia, by designing and developing the FOXTEL on Internet TV application for Samsung's Smart TV platform.
News categories: Accedo, FOXTEL, Samsung, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
More than 300,000 Australian households now accessing IPTV
Feb 7, 2012 — A study released by Telsyte confirms the rise of subscription TV over broadband with more than 300,000 Australian homes now accessing an IPTV service. This equates to around one in ten subscription TV services currently delivered over broadband.
News categories: Telsyte, Australia, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
The Future of TV Begins Now on Xbox 360
Dec 5, 2011 — Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the launch of an all-new Xbox 360 experience including the first group of new, custom applications from world leading TV and entertainment content providers on Xbox LIVE.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, Finland, France, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision