Digital TV News: FOXTEL
Presto, a new way for Australians to access movies
Oct 23, 2013 – Foxtel has announced Presto, an online entertainment service offering a monthly pass to stream Foxtel Movies, providing live and on demand access to Foxtel’s most popular movie content with a regularly updating collection of ad-break-free films.
News categories: Foxtel, Presto, Richard Freudenstein, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
Cisco reaches over 100 million digital TV homes in Asia Pacific
Oct 17, 2013 – In the digital television (TV) industry in Asia Pacific, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the leading provider of conditional access (CA) and digital rights management (DRM), securing content that is delivered to more than 100 million digital homes in the region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sue Taylor, Asia, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Foxtel selects Nagra to support its subscription TV Service
Sep 26, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Australia's Foxtel has selected the NAGRA MediaLive Service Platform to enable services across its range of connected set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, Foxtel, Michael Ivanchenko, Jean-Michel Puiatti, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Global 3DTV sales to increase 166% by 2017
Sep 25, 2013 – Consumer uptake of 3D hardware continues apace, with the market on track to achieve 157.7 million 3DTV sales in 2017, up from a forecast of 59.3 million for 2013, according to a new report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Sam Leech, 3D, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Foxtel selects Pace's Whole Home software
Sep 13, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its Elements Whole Home software has been chosen by Australia's Foxtel. Pace’s Elements Whole Home software platform is based on open source components and enables the rapid deployment of advanced hybrid services.
News categories: Pace plc, Foxtel, Shane McCarthy, Michael Ivanchenko, Australia, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Infrastructure, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telstra results for the year ended 30 June 2013
Aug 8, 2013 – Telstra has released its results for the year ended 30 June 2013. TV revenue remained stable at $666 million. The decline in the number of customers on the premium service was offset by growth in IPTV, namely T-Box® sales and Foxtel on T-Box® offerings.
News categories: Telstra, Australia, Cable TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Foxtel Play goes live in Australia
Jul 30, 2013 – Foxtel has announced that Foxtel Play has gone live ahead of its official launch on August 11. Foxtel Play is an internet TV service, offering Australians access to Foxtel's programming delivered over the internet to Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox 360s and PCs.
News categories: Foxtel, Australia, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV
Foxtel to launch OTT TV service in Australia
Mar 14, 2013 – Australia's Foxtel has announced Foxtel Play, an internet delivered TV service to be available across a range of computers, TVs and games consoles. Foxtel Play customers will also be able to watch on the move with the Foxtel Go app.
News categories: Foxtel, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal