Digital TV News: Federal Communications Commission
FCC Relaxes Basic-Tier Cable Encryption Prohibition
Oct 12, 2012 — The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has amended its rules to allow U.S. cable operators to encrypt the basic service tier in all-digital cable systems if they comply with certain consumer-protection measures.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV, USA
FCC Issues NPRM to Modernize & Reform its Cable TV Technical Rules
Aug 3, 2012 — The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has adopted a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) proposing to modernize and reform its cable TV technical rules, facilitating the industry’s widespread transition from analog to digital transmission.
News categories: FCC, Cable TV, Regulation, USA
FCC Releases 14th Video Competition Report
Jul 20, 2012 — The most significant trends since the last report relate to the increased deployment of digital technology, consumers' rising demands for access to video programming anywhere and anytime, and the evolution of online video from a niche service into a thriving industry.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, PC Video, Satellite, Smart TV, Smartphone, Subscribers, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
Nagra announces 2010 annual results
Feb 24, 2011 — The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2010 annual results. Group total revenues rose by 7.6%, driven by strong growth in the Digital TV division, with weaker growth rates in the Middleware and Advertising and Public Access segments.
News categories: Nagra, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
FCC Takes Action To Unleash Video Innovation And Consumer Choice
Oct 14, 2010 — The Federal Communications Commission has issued a Third Report and Order and Order on Reconsideration (Third R&O) to promote innovation and consumer choice in the video device marketplace.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, USA
FCC Grants Approval For Sending Recent Movies Directly To Consumers Over Secure TV Lines
May 7, 2010 — The FCC has approved a request by the MPAA to permit recent movies to be sent directly to American households over secure high definition transmission lines from their cable or satellite providers prior to their release on DVD or Blu-ray.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Motion Picture Association of America, Cable TV, Content Protection, IPTV, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
FCC Takes Action to Unleash Video Innovation and Consumer Choice
Apr 21, 2010 — The FCC has issued a Notice of Inquiry (NOI) and a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (FNPRM) in seeking to create a competitive retail market for navigation devices for use with multichannel video programming distributors.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, OCAP, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV, USA
Harris and LG Demonstrate Scalable Full-Channel Mobile DTV Technology
Apr 12, 2010 — Harris (NYSE: HRS) has taken the wraps off its latest technological innovation developed with LG Electronics (Seoul:066570) — mobile digital television delivered in 'Scalable Full-Channel Mobile Mode.'
News categories: Harris Corp, LG Electronics, ATSC Mobile DTV, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results