Digital TV News: Futuresource Consulting
ALi ISDB-T HD Set-Top-Box SoC Showcased at Broadcast & Cable 2012 Brazil
Aug 28, 2012 — ALi Corporation (TPE:3041) has announced that its new ISDB-T high definition STB system-on-chip was demonstrated with partner solutions at SET Broadcast & Cable held on August 21- 23, 2012 in São Paulo, Brazil.
News categories: ALi Corp, ISDB-T, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
STB demand to reach 228 million units this year
Jul 3, 2012 — Following several years of healthy growth, demand for set top boxes (STBs) continues to climb this year, on track to reach 228 million units shipped globally, according to new research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Ocean Blue develops anti-virus software for Connected TVs
Jun 6, 2012 — Ocean Blue has announced that it has partnered with Sophos to develop a cloud-based antivirus solution that can be shipped either as part of the Ocean Blue middleware or as a stand-alone client for solutions with their own middleware.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Sophos, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Networking technology used by over 50% of all global broadband homes
Jan 30, 2012 — According to Futuresource Consulting, of the 600 million global broadband homes at the end of 2011, 400 million deployed home networking technology. By 2015, expectations are for 650 million of the 700 million broadband homes to be interacting with networked devices.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Router, Smartphone, Tablet
Connected TV to Dominate Global TV Shipments by 2015
Jan 19, 2012 — With forecasts exceeding 80% of units shipped by 2015, connected TVs are expected to lead the way in global TV shipments escalating from 27% in 2011, according to new research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, 3D, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
3DTVs shipping faster than HDTV
Nov 30, 2010 — The retail performance of 3D hardware for the home has been developing at a healthy pace. Year one adoption of 3DTV is running at a far quicker rate in most territories than it did for high definition, according Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource, 3D, Market Research, Smart TV
20% of TVs shipped in Europe next year will have Internet capability
Dec 16, 2009 — The first TV and Blu-ray devices capable of accessing content directly from the internet emerged in Europe during 2009 and will start to gain ground fast, according to a new report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
More than 10% of US and Japanese households will be ‘3D enabled’ by 2012
May 8, 2009 — A newly-released report from Futuresource Consulting reveals studios, consumer electronics companies, broadcasters, video game vendors and network operators are all poised to power 3D through the consumer diffusion curve.
News categories: Futuresource, 3D, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, Japan, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision