Digital TV News: Futuresource Consulting
Global 3DTV sales to increase 166% by 2017
Sep 25, 2013 – Consumer uptake of 3D hardware continues apace, with the market on track to achieve 157.7 million 3DTV sales in 2017, up from a forecast of 59.3 million for 2013, according to a new report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Sam Leech, 3D, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Pay TV set top box market healthy, growth expected to 2016
Aug 20, 2013 – Global Pay TV set top box (STB) shipments continue to grow, with demand expected to peak at 180 million units in 2016, according to new research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
MHL Consortium announces MHL 3.0 specification
Aug 20, 2013 – MHL, LLC has announced the MHL 3.0 specification to address the latest consumer requirements for connecting a mobile device to displays, marking major advancements in the areas of audio and video transmission over an MHL® link.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Connectivity, Multiscreen, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
ALi ISDB-T HD Set-Top-Box SoC Showcased at Broadcast & Cable 2012 Brazil
Aug 28, 2012 – ALi Corporation (TPE:3041) has announced that its new ISDB-T high definition STB system-on-chip was demonstrated with partner solutions at SET Broadcast & Cable held on August 21- 23, 2012 in São Paulo, Brazil.
News categories: ALi Corp, ISDB-T, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
STB demand to reach 228 million units this year
Jul 3, 2012 – Following several years of healthy growth, demand for set top boxes (STBs) continues to climb this year, on track to reach 228 million units shipped globally, according to new research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Ocean Blue develops anti-virus software for Connected TVs
Jun 6, 2012 – Ocean Blue has announced that it has partnered with Sophos to develop a cloud-based antivirus solution that can be shipped either as part of the Ocean Blue middleware or as a stand-alone client for solutions with their own middleware.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Sophos, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Networking technology used by over 50% of all global broadband homes
Jan 30, 2012 – According to Futuresource Consulting, of the 600 million global broadband homes at the end of 2011, 400 million deployed home networking technology. By 2015, expectations are for 650 million of the 700 million broadband homes to be interacting with networked devices.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Router, Smartphone, Tablet
Connected TV to Dominate Global TV Shipments by 2015
Jan 19, 2012 – With forecasts exceeding 80% of units shipped by 2015, connected TVs are expected to lead the way in global TV shipments escalating from 27% in 2011, according to new research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, 3D, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV