Digital TV News: Gehua Cable
STMicroelectronics to Supply STB Chip to Beijing Gehua Cable TV Network
Oct 20, 2011 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Beijing Gehua Cable Television Network, a cable TV operator in Beijing, China, has selected ST's integrated HD Cable Modem chip to deploy in set-top boxes to all of its subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gehua Cable, Cable Modem, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SNL Kagan Report Shows China to Become Asia’s Top Pay-TV Economy in 2011
Jun 22, 2011 — An analysis of China’s pay-TV market by SNL Kagan finds that while China has long been the world’s largest multichannel market in terms of subscribers, 2011 revenues of $7.5 billion are set to rank China as the top pay-TV market in Asia.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Market Research
Coship wins HD cable STB tender at Gehua CATV in Beijing
Jun 9, 2011 — Coship Electronics (Shenzhen: 002052) has issued a public filing saying that its subsidiary Beijing Coship Times Technology has won a RMB372 million cable set-top box contract from Beijing-based cable operator Gehua CATV Network (Shanghai: 600037).
News categories: Coship, Gehua Cable, Cable TV, China, Set Top Box
Digital cable TV subscribers in China passed 100 million in 2010
May 5, 2011 — Research and Markets has announced the addition of the 'China Digital TV Operation Report, 2010-2011' to their offering. According to the report, the number of cable digital television (DTV) subscribers in China reached 100.44 million in 2010.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Gehua Cable Deploys Network Trials Based on Broadcom's Innovative DOCSIS®-Based EoC Solution
Mar 22, 2011 — Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture has been chosen by Gehua Cable to launch their network trials in Beijing.
News categories: Broadcom, Gehua Cable, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Broadcom and Skyworth-Hitune Build HD Set-Top Boxes for Gehua Cable
Mar 22, 2010 — Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a partnership with Skyworth-Hitune (HKSE: 0751), a leading Chinese set-top box (STB) manufacturer, to deliver high definition (HD) set-top boxes to Beijing Gehua Cable, a leading Chinese cable provider.
News categories: Broadcom, Skyworth, Gehua Cable, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Beijing DTV Subs Reach 1.16 mln
Dec 14, 2007 — As of December 7, Gehua Cable have converted 1.16 million users in 1,106 communities in the Dongcheng, Xicheng, Chongwen, Xuanwu, Chaoyang, Haidian, Fengtai, Shijingshan, Changping, Daxing and Tongzhou areas of Beijing.
News categories: Gehua Cable, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results