Digital TV News: Infonetics Research
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Set Top Box
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
STB market springs back; video gateways, media players drive future growth
Apr 8, 2013 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 4th quarter 2012 (4Q12) and year-end Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report, which tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes (STBs) and over-the-top (OTT) media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 — According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Big Year for Multi-Screen TV
Jul 31, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recent reports. The first tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers. The second tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes and OTT media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Operators Name Cisco Top Dog in IP Set-Top Boxes
Jul 31, 2012 — Infonetics has released excerpts from a recent survey which captures service providers' requirements for hybrid IP set-top boxes to deliver video services. The top 3 critical IP STB applications identified were VOD, EPG and whole-home DVR.
News categories: Infonetics, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results