Digital TV News: Intel Corp
ACCESS Integrates NetFront Browser NX with Broadcom Set-Top Box Chipsets
Mar 19, 2013 — ACCESS CO. has announced that its TV-centric browser, NetFront Browser NX™ 3.0, will be at TV Connect. New features include enhanced YouTube Leanback HTML5 functionality, expanded STB and TV chipset support, and sharing of content and UIs from a PVR with other connected devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Broadcom, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TVConnect
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 — Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intel Launches Reference Design for Media Processors at TV Connect 2013
Mar 18, 2013 — At TV Connect, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will launch the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). The MSRD is both a hardware and software design kit for OEMs and system integrators that allow them to develop Intel-based set-top boxes and media servers.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
ARRIS announces first Comast RDK-based Whole Home Network and Entertainment Gateway
Jan 7, 2013 — ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced the cable industry's first whole home network and entertainment system: the ARRIS Media Gateway MG2402 based on the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK).
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, OCAP, Personal Video Recorder, USA
Intel develops Comcast multiscreen video gateway with ARRIS
Jan 7, 2013 — Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that it is collaborating with Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) so that customers can enjoy the XFINITY TV experience on IP set-top boxes, Ultrabook™ devices, Intel-based all-in-one PCs, tablets and smartphones as well as smart TVs.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, ARRIS Group, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, USA
Intel Licenses Reference Design Kit from Comcast
Oct 24, 2012 — Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced it has licensed the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), which will allow it to work with Comcast and other cable operators to develop and deploy set-top box solutions for consumers around the globe.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OCAP, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Zenverge, Intel and Digital Keystone Develop Hybrid Gateway Reference Platform
Oct 17, 2012 — Zenverge has announced that it has collaborated with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Digital Keystone to develop a hybrid gateway reference platform capable of streaming broadcast TV content in addition to functioning as a data and voice gateway.
News categories: Zenverge, Digital Keystone, Intel Corp, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor
Altech Multimedia highlights H2G Hybrid Home Gateway based on Intel technology
Sep 20, 2012 — The ubiquity of broadband connectivity and the advancements in home networking technologies introduce into market a new breed of consumer premises equipment which Altech Multimedia has termed Hybrid Home Gateway (H2G).
News categories: Altech, Intel Corp, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security