Digital TV News: Intel Corp
Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
Dec 4, 2013 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $315.4 billion in 2013, a 5.2 percent increase from 2012 revenue of $299.9 billion, according to preliminary results by Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor
Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
Dec 3, 2013 – Following a 2.5 percent decline in 2012, the global semiconductor market has regained its footing in 2013 with revenue set to expand by nearly 5 percent because of the strong performance of the memory sector.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dale Ford, Market Research, Semiconductor
Samsung releases new SDKs for smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs
Oct 28, 2013 – Samsung has released five new and improved software development kits (SDKs) for creating consumer and enterprise apps on its smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs at the Samsung Developers Conference (#SDC13).
News categories: Samsung, Dr. Won-Pyo Hong, Apps, Middleware, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
TV semiconductor market growing despite decline in TV shipments
Oct 9, 2013 – Despite a drop in global television unit demand in 2013, the semiconductor market for TVs is forecast to increase by an estimated 7% to $13.1 billion, according to data presented in IC Insights’ upcoming IC Market Drivers 2014 report.
News categories: IC Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
ACTV8.me working with NCR and Intel on TV Wallet
Oct 1, 2013 – ACTV8.me has announced today that it is working with NCR (NYSE: NCR) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) to launch a cloud-based, digital TV wallet that will be made available to millions of TV viewers around the world. The technology seamlessly integrates with television advertising.
News categories: ACTV8.me, Intel Corp, NCR, Brian Shuster, Chris Lybeer, Jose Avalos, Advertising, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ACCESS Integrates NetFront Browser NX with Broadcom Set-Top Box Chipsets
Mar 19, 2013 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its TV-centric browser, NetFront Browser NX™ 3.0, will be at TV Connect. New features include enhanced YouTube Leanback HTML5 functionality, expanded STB and TV chipset support, and sharing of content and UIs from a PVR with other connected devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Broadcom, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TVConnect
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intel Launches Reference Design for Media Processors at TV Connect 2013
Mar 18, 2013 – At TV Connect, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will launch the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). The MSRD is both a hardware and software design kit for OEMs and system integrators that allow them to develop Intel-based set-top boxes and media servers.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million