Digital TV News: Intelsat
Solid growth for satellite operators, Euroconsult maintains positive outlook
Jul 27, 2010 — Euroconsult has announced that, despite a limited market slowdown, the fixed satellite market reached a new high in revenues last year. The fixed satellite sector grew both in terms of transponder demand and revenue (reaching $10.3 billion in 2009).
News categories: Euroconsult, Market Research, Satellite
Coship STBs for Continent TV in Russia
Nov 23, 2009 — Orion Express has selected set-top boxes from Coship (Shenzhen:002052) for its Continent TV satellite service in Russia. There are two receiver options - a standard definition model, and a PVR-Ready high definition (HD) model.
News categories: Coship, Orion Express, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
MYtv® Selects Intelsat Capacity for its DTH Launch in the Ukraine
Nov 10, 2009 — Intelsat has announced that MYtv has chosen Intelsat for a multi-year capacity contract to deliver its MYtv DTH platform to subscribers throughout the Ukraine over the Thor 6 satellite located at 1°W.
News categories: Intelsat, MYtv, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Ukraine
My TV Africa pay-DTH launches in Kenya
Sep 21, 2009 — Remember TV Africa in conjunction with My TV Africa has launched a satellite delivered pay television service in Kenya. The My TV service is carried on the Intelsat 10 satellite (located at 68.5° East).
News categories: My TV Africa, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
MEASAT-3a Communications Satellite Successfully Launched
Jun 22, 2009 — Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) has announced that the MEASAT-3a satellite has been successfully launched into orbit. MEASAT-3a will provide Ku-band direct-to-home television broadcasting to Malaysia and Indonesia, plus C-band communications services.
News categories: MEASAT, Orbital Sciences, Indonesia, Infrastructure, Malaysia, Satellite
Intelsat, Convergence Partners Form New Dawn Joint Venture to Grow Africa’s Telecommunications Infrastructure
Dec 9, 2008 — Intelsat has announced a joint venture with a South African investor group to build and launch a new satellite optimized to deliver wireless backhaul, broadband and television programming to the African continent.
News categories: Intelsat, Convergence Partners, Africa, Infrastructure, Satellite, South Africa
Irdeto DVB SmartStart Solution Chosen to Protect and Enable Russian TV Time expat DTH service
Sep 12, 2008 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Russian TV Time (RTVT) has selected and begun deployment of the Irdeto DVB SmartStart solution for its direct-to-home (DTH) service for Russian-speakers across the globe.
News categories: Irdeto, RTVT, Conditional Access, Europe, IBC, Middleware, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
RCS & RDS Contracts Intelsat Capacity at 1º West for Its Expansion
Sep 4, 2008 — Intelsat has announced that Romania Cable Systems and Romania Data Systems S.A. (RCS & RDS) has signed an expansion contract for capacity at 1º West. The additional capacity will be used to offer a larger DTH bouquet for RCS & RDS’ DigiTV service.
News categories: Intelsat, RCS & RDS, DigiTV, IBC, Romania, Satellite
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision