Digital TV News: J.D. Power
J.D. Power 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-To-View Study
Jun 21, 2012 — As paid video content becomes more available via different distribution channels, tablet and wireless phone-viewing usage has increased, while PC/Mac-viewing usage has decreased from 2011, according to a J.D. Power and Associates study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
DIRECTV Latin America Vaults Past the 10 Million Customer Mark
Jun 2, 2011 — On pace for another record-setting year of growth, DIRECTV Latin America (DTVLA), an operating unit of DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV), the world’s largest pay TV service, has surged past a major milestone – its 10 millionth customer.
News categories: DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
AT&T Extends TV Watching to More Devices With Launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360
Oct 11, 2010 — AT&T (NYSE:T) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) have announced the launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360 for U-verse customers, which lets users enjoy the U-verse TV experience on their existing Xbox 360 device, replacing the need for an extra receiver in the home.
News categories: AT&T, Xbox, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, USA
AT&T U-verse TV Marks 2 Million Customer Milestone
Dec 9, 2009 — AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced that it has reached its 2 millionth AT&T U-verse TV customer. In the last year, AT&T has added one million customers to the award-winning TV service available to millions of homes across 22 states.
News categories: U-verse, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Subscribers, USA
AT&T U-verse TV Reaches 1 Million Subscriber Milestone
Dec 16, 2008 — AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced that AT&T U-verse TV has reached its 1 millionth customer. The milestone comes less than two and a half years after AT&T introduced the only 100% Internet Protocol (IP) TV service offered by a national service provider.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Subscribers, USA
AT&T U-verse Completes Rollout of Total Home DVR
Nov 11, 2008 — AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced the completion of its AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR rollout, well ahead of schedule. Customers in every market where U-verse services are available now have access to Total Home DVR.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, Home Networking, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, USA
Qwest Announces Third Quarter 2007 Results
Oct 30, 2007 — Qwest (NYSE: Q) added 62,000 net DIRECTV subscribers in the quarter. Qwest has 634,000 video subscribers through Qwest ChoiceTV and the DIRECTV partnership up from a total of 350,000 subscribers a year ago.
News categories: Qwest, Earnings Release, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA, VDSL
Cox Sees Lowest Customer Churn In Its History
Jul 26, 2007 — At the close of the quarter, Cox increased total residential customer relationships by 2% versus the same quarter in 2006. At the end of the quarter Cox had 2.96 million digital cable subscribers, an 11.9% growth over last year.
News categories: Cox Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision