Digital TV News: Konka
4K×2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 — According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4K×2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
4K Televisions to See Marginal Share of LCD-TV Market Through 2017
Oct 4, 2012 — Despite some high-profile product introductions, consumer demand for televisions with the ultra-high-definition 4K resolution will remain negligible for the foreseeable future according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, LCD TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Stream TV Networks™ Announces Partnerships with Konka and BOE for 3D TV in China
Jun 28, 2012 — Stream TV Networks has announced that it has solidified partnerships with Konka® (0016.SZ; 2016.SZ) and BOE® (000725.SZ; 200725.SZ) to distribute Ultra-D™ 3D without glasses TVs and the bundled SeeCube™ Conversion Boxes in China.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, Konka, BOE Technology Group, 3D, China, Smart TV
Smart TV Surges in Popularity Worldwide
Jun 12, 2012 — According to NPD DisplaySearch, approximately 27% of TV sets shipped worldwide had internet connectivity, led by Japan, where 46% of sets had networking capability, and Western Europe with 36%.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Rovi and Jiuzhou Collaborate to Integrate DivX® HD in Set-Top Box
Nov 14, 2011 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced the signing of a new multi-year licensing agreement for DivX® technology with Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric Co., one of the largest set-top box (STB) manufacturers in China.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
KONKA selects NXP silicon tuner for its analogue and digital TVs
Jul 21, 2011 — NXP (NASDAQ: NXPI) has announced that KONKA has selected NXP's TDA18273 silicon tuner solution for its analog and digital television receivers. KONKA is the first TV set manufacturer in China to use the TDA18273 silicon tuner in production.
News categories: NXP, KONKA, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Synerchip’s DiiVA ICs Power Affordable Home Entertainment Network Solutions at CES
Jan 6, 2011 — Synerchip will demonstrate DiiVA™ devices powered by its DiiVA 1.1 semiconductors at 2011 CES. On display are digital televisions from Hisense, Konka, LG, Skyworth and TCL — all using Synerchip’s SC6010™ DiiVA Receiver IC.
News categories: Synerchip, Blu-ray, CES, Digital TV, DLNA, Home Networking, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UPnP
LG Display Takes 3D to the Next Level
Jan 5, 2011 — LG Display (NYSE: LPL) (KRX: 034220) showcased its Film Patterned Retarder (FPR, polarized glasses type) 3D panel at a kickoff press conference in Las Vegas, during media day of the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
News categories: LG Display, 3D, CES, LCD TV, Smart TV
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision