Digital TV News: LOVEFiLM
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 — TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year – making TalkTalk TV the UK’s fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
LOVEFiLM launches on Wii in the UK
Dec 4, 2012 — LOVEFiLM (NASDAQ:AMZN) has launched on Nintendo's (Tokyo:7974) Wii home console with a launch on Nintendo's HD home console Wii U to follow shortly. There are eight million Wii users in the UK.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Wii, Games Console, OTT, UK
BSkyB's NOW TV extends reach with Roku launch
Nov 28, 2012 — BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that NOW TV, its internet TV service is now available on Roku streaming players. NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, Roku, NOW TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
OTT and Operator-Owned Multiscreen Service Penetration in UK to Exceed 75% and 52% Respectively by 2017
Nov 19, 2012 — According to ABI Research, the UK leads Europe in the adoption of both standalone OTT and operator-owned multiscreen services. Many UK consumers fit the multi-device profile, with more than 10% of the population already boasting an average of four connected devices.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK
Internet Connected TVs to Reach 650m by 2017
Aug 1, 2012 — Juniper Research has forecast that the number of residential TVs connected to the Internet via different platforms such as Blu-ray players, STBs and consoles, and also via built in wireless or Ethernet connectivity, will reach almost 650 million by 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Home Networking, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
TalkTalk offers free YouView STB to premium broadband subscribers
Jul 26, 2012 — TalkTalk (LSE:TALK) has announced that for no additional monthly cost, its Plus customers will receive a free set top box, access to all YouView content, the TalkTalk Player, 12 months free subscription to LOVEFiLM Instant, unlimited calls and unlimited data downloads.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
UK Video Connected Devices to Grow 74% in 2012 to 24 Million
Jun 27, 2012 — The United Kingdom is Western Europe's leading market for connected devices, with an estimated 13.8 million devices receiving over-the-top video content at end-2011, a figure up 114.1% year-over-year from 2010, according to SNL Kagan research.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Home Server, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, UK
LOVEFiLM Launches High Definition Streaming
May 31, 2012 — LOVEFiLM (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced the launch of high-definition (HD) streaming in the UK and Germany. The HD functionality allows members of LOVEFiLM to stream films and TV series on demand and for no extra charge in resolutions up to 1080p.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, PC Video, UK
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market