Digital TV News: Linux Foundation
LiMo Foundation and Linux Foundation Announce New Open Source Software Platform, Tizen™
Sep 28, 2011 – LiMo Foundation™ and The Linux Foundation have announced a new open source project, Tizen™. Tizen is a software platform which supports multiple device categories including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, netbooks and in-vehicle infotainment systems.
News categories: Linux Foundation, LiMo Foundation, Tizen, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Multiscreen, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, TVConnect
Amino showcases leading-edge MeeGo development work in Intel Developer Forum keynote
Sep 14, 2010 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) has highlighted its leading- edge development work with the MeeGo project and the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 in a keynote speech at Intel Developers Forum.
News categories: Amino, Intel Corp, IDF, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intel Opens Software App Store, Offers New Intel Atom Chips
Sep 14, 2010 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) outlined its forthcoming Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200, the next-generation CE SoC that enables 3-D-TV video, 'sync-and-go,' and power-saving capabilities for a 'smart TV' experience.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, ICs, IDF, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Telecom Italia and Intel announce collaboration for next-generation online TV and internet services
Mar 5, 2010 – Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced a collaboration to distribute next-generation online internet and TV services via the open source MeeGo software platform.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Dutch digital TV subscribers grow to 6.6 million in Q3
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores