Digital TV News: Moving Picture Experts Group
Motorola to demonstrate real-time HD HEVC encoding and decoding at NABShow
Apr 5, 2013 — At the 2013 NAB Show, Motorola will continue its history of innovation with its first ever real-time HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) encoding and decoding demonstration at its exhibit space, booth # SU2017.
News categories: Motorola, Broadcasting, Infrastructure, NABShow
DOCOMO to License HEVC Decoding Software
Feb 4, 2013 — NTT DOCOMO has announced that it will license a software for decoding HEVC, the new international standard for video coding, in March. DOCOMO’s HEVC decoding software is the world’s first of its kind for Full HD playback on smartphones.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, MWC13, OTT, Smartphone
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 — The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as ‘High Efficiency Video Coding’ (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Motorola Presents the Future of the IP Connected Home at IBC2012
Sep 7, 2012 — At IBC, Motorola (NASDAQ:GOOG) is launching new IP and cable set-top technology designed to meet consumer demand for multi-screen, over-the-top (OTT) and time shift TV, while reducing energy use and maintenance.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Vanguard Software Solutions Demonstrates Real-Time HEVC (H.265) Software Encoder at IBC 2012
Sep 2, 2012 — Vanguard Software Solutions (VSS) has announced the introduction of the first HEVC real-time software Encoder SDK for PC. The VSS encoder demonstrates improvements in quality and bitrate over current implementations based on H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.
News categories: Vanguard Software Solutions, Digital TV, IBC
Ericsson announces world's first HEVC encoder for live TV delivery to mobile devices
Aug 22, 2012 — IBC 2012 will see the Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) market launch of the world’s first HEVC/H.265 encoder for the delivery of live and linear TV over mobile networks, to mobile devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Digital TV, IBC, Infrastructure, Mobile
HEVC reaches the stage of Draft International Standard
Jul 20, 2012 — The 101st MPEG meeting has been held in Stockholm, Sweden. MPEG Media Transport (MMT) achieved formal Committee Draft (CD) status and High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) reached the stage of Draft International Standard (DIS) during the meeting.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, 3D, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Motorola Mobility Showcases the Evolution of TV and a Smart, Simple Connected Home at The Cable Show 2012
May 18, 2012 — Motorola's (NYSE: MMI) mix of smart software, network and in-home technologies will be on display in a Living Room setting, demonstrating how the company is further empowering service providers to deliver on the promise of the IP Connected Home of the Future.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Content Protection, Home Networking, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results