Digital TV News: NOW TV
PCCW's now TV adds 43,000 subscribers in 2012
Feb 27, 2013 — PCCW Limited (SEHK: 0008) has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2012. During the year, now TV recorded a net gain of 43,000 customers with the total installed subscriber base reaching 1,183,000 by the end of December 2012.
News categories: PCCW, Hong Kong, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
BSkyB results for the six months ended 31 December 2012
Jan 31, 2013 — BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. In TV, Sky added 50,000 new customers in the quarter. Of these, 25,000 are subscribers to its new internet TV service NOW TV.
News categories: BSkyB, Ireland, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
Hong Kong's now TV deploys Verimatrix VCAS for Internet TV
Dec 9, 2012 — Verimatrix has announced that PCCW's now TV is securing its over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VoD) service with the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV. now TV is Hong Kong's largest quad-play pay-TV provider.
News categories: Verimatrix, PCCW, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, OTT
BSkyB's NOW TV extends reach with Roku launch
Nov 28, 2012 — BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that NOW TV, its internet TV service is now available on Roku streaming players. NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, Roku, NOW TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
JT launches YouView in the Channel Islands
Nov 23, 2012 — YouView, the subscription-free TV service which combines catch-up and on demand TV, has been launched exclusively in the Channel Islands by JT.
News categories: Jersey Telecom, Channel Islands, OTT, Set Top Box
Global online video market will be worth US$37 billion in 2017
Nov 22, 2012 — According to Informa Telecoms & Media, the global online-video market will be worth US$37 billion in 2017, driven by the popularity of services like Netflix and YouTube. Advertising will continue to be a larger revenue generator than subscriptions in 2017, as it is in 2012.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Market Research, OTT
OTT and Operator-Owned Multiscreen Service Penetration in UK to Exceed 75% and 52% Respectively by 2017
Nov 19, 2012 — According to ABI Research, the UK leads Europe in the adoption of both standalone OTT and operator-owned multiscreen services. Many UK consumers fit the multi-device profile, with more than 10% of the population already boasting an average of four connected devices.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK
Broadcom® Set-Top Box Technology Powers YouView Innovations
Sep 7, 2012 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its set-top box technology is being deployed by YouView in the UK. YouView features a program guide combining live TV, VoD, DVR content and Catch-up TV, including the ability to scroll back seven days to watch missed shows.
News categories: Broadcom, YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results