Digital TV News: News Corp
Roku receives $60 Million investment
May 29, 2013 – Roku has announced that it has received a $60 million investment. The investment will fuel Roku's growth. Best known for its lineup of popular streaming players, the company is extending its streaming platform by working with other consumer electronics brands.
News categories: Roku, OTT, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
SKY Italia subscribers down another 51,000 in 1Q 2013
May 8, 2013 – News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the three months ending March 31, 2013. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of approximately 51,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.78 million.
News categories: Sky Italia, News Corp, Germany, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telstra Half Year ended 31 December 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – Telstra has released Financial Results for the Half Year ended 31 December 2012. TV revenue grew by 0.9% to $333 million, driven primarily by IPTV Content. Cable revenue increased by 5.2% to $61 milllion. The FOXTEL subscriber base was up 1.7% in the period to just under 2.3m.
News categories: Telstra, Australia, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Sky Italia subscribers down 28,000 in 4Q 2012
Feb 6, 2013 – News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the three months ending December 31, 2012. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of approximately 28,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.83 million.
News categories: Sky Italia, News Corp, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
SKY Italia subscribers down 42,000 in 2Q 2012
Aug 8, 2012 – News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the period ending June 30, 2012. SKY Italia's subscriber base declined to 4.9 million due to the net reduction of approximately 71,000 subscribers during the year.
News categories: SKY Italia, News Corp, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
5 Million Italian Families Choose Sky
Oct 7, 2011 – Sky Italia (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has announced that it has exceeded 5 million customers reaching 15 million people across Italy.
News categories: Sky Italia, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
Tata Sky passes 6 million subscriber mark
Sep 23, 2010 – Tata Sky has said that it now has more than six million subscribers to its direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV service in India.
News categories: Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
EU allows Sky Italia to participate in allocation of DTT frequencies, subject to conditions
Jul 20, 2010 – The European Commission has authorised Sky Italia (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) to participate in the future tender for the allocation of nationwide digital terrestrial television frequencies in Italy.
News categories: Sky Italia, European Commission, Italy, Regulation, Satellite, Terrestrial
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal