Digital TV News: Ocean Blue
Ocean Blue launches 'Horizon' HbbTV solution at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 – Ocean Blue has announced the launch of its 'Horizon' HbbTV middleware at TV Connect 2013. Horizon enables manufacturers and operators to provide set top boxes and iDTVs with full connected TV functionality, via a consistent User Interface, sitting alongside the linear broadcast.
News categories: Ocean Blue, HbbTV, Middleware, TVConnect
Skyviia partners with Ocean Blue on CI Plus
Jun 6, 2012 – Skyviia has announced that it has partnered with Ocean Blue Software to enable CI Plus on its SV8870 SoC. Ocean Blue has a CI Plus solution that is V1.3.1 ready and includes the CI+ browser module for use in host devices such as set top boxes and IDTVs.
News categories: Skyviia, Ocean Blue, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Ocean Blue develops anti-virus software for Connected TVs
Jun 6, 2012 – Ocean Blue has announced that it has partnered with Sophos to develop a cloud-based antivirus solution that can be shipped either as part of the Ocean Blue middleware or as a stand-alone client for solutions with their own middleware.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Sophos, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
ACCESS demonstrates how to drive multiscreen consumer engagement at ANGA Cable 2012
May 29, 2012 – ACCESS CO. has announced that it will be returning to ANGA Cable to demonstrate its multiscreen solutions in conjunction with four of its partners - Fortis, Kaon Media, Ocean Blue and Vestel.
News categories: ACCESS CO., ANGA COM, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Ocean Blue Talking TV Software Benefits Thousands In Australia As Part Of Government Help-Box Scheme
Apr 4, 2012 – Ocean Blue has partnered with Hills Antenna & TV System to release the first of its kind 'Talking' set-top box in Australia. The Talking Set Top Box, Hills HD94003G, was developed with the assistance of the Australian Government and Vision Australia.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Hills Antenna, Australia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
Ocean Blue to launch HbbTV, T2 And MHEG Turnkey Solution At IP&TV World Forum
Mar 15, 2012 – Ocean Blue Software has announced that their multi-process DVB core, MHEG-5 and HbbTV middleware is to be launched at the IP&TV world forum in London next week.
News categories: Ocean Blue, DVB-T2, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, TVConnect
Ocean Blue To Unveil New User Interface at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 1, 2012 – Ocean Blue Software will launch their graphical User Interface 'Spinnaker' at the IP&TV World Forum. Spinnaker has been developed using QML and enables customers to re-skin the UI with their own corporate identity, or build their own UI from scratch.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TVConnect
ACCESS and Ocean Blue Software Partner to Provide Connected Home and TV Software
Sep 7, 2011 – ACCESS CO. and Ocean Blue Software have announced that they will work together to provide middleware solutions supporting IP Connected Home and Connected TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Ocean Blue Software, DLNA, HbbTV, Home Networking, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal