Digital TV News: Orbital Sciences
HISPASAT and Orbital Sign Contract for the Construction of Two New Amazonas Satellites
Jun 25, 2012 — Group HISPASAT and Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) have signed a contract for the construction of two new satellites. Amazonas 4A and 4B will allow HISPASAT to meet the growing demand for satellite capacity, mainly for satellite television, in Latin America.
News categories: HISPASAT, Orbital Sciences, Infrastructure, Latin America, Satellite
SES WORLD SKIES Commissions SES-8 for Asian DTH Operations
Feb 17, 2011 — SES WORLD SKIES (Paris,LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has commissioned the SES-8 spacecraft from Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) for a launch in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Orbital Sciences, India, Infrastructure, Laos, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
MEASAT-3a Communications Satellite Successfully Launched
Jun 22, 2009 — Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) has announced that the MEASAT-3a satellite has been successfully launched into orbit. MEASAT-3a will provide Ku-band direct-to-home television broadcasting to Malaysia and Indonesia, plus C-band communications services.
News categories: MEASAT, Orbital Sciences, Indonesia, Infrastructure, Malaysia, Satellite
Innova and SKY Brasil Sign Agreement with Intelsat to Build and Launch New Satellite
Dec 5, 2007 — Innova and SKY Brasil have announced that they have reached an agreement with Intelsat to build and launch a new 24-transponder satellite. Innova plans to use this extra capacity for HD and other value-added services.
News categories: Intelsat, Innova, SKY Brasil, DIRECTV Group, Brazil, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Mexico, Satellite
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision