Digital TV News: Oriental Cable Network
Cisco reaches over 100 million digital TV homes in Asia Pacific
Oct 17, 2013 – In the digital television (TV) industry in Asia Pacific, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the leading provider of conditional access (CA) and digital rights management (DRM), securing content that is delivered to more than 100 million digital homes in the region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sue Taylor, Asia, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
OCN to Deploy Cisco Videoscape for New Multi-Screen Video Experiences in Shanghai
May 22, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Oriental Cable Network (OCN) will deploy its Videoscape platform to enable multi-screen video services for PCs, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices for its customer base throughout Shanghai, China.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Oriental Cable Network, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere
Qualcomm Atheros Launches TDMA Software and EoC Return-Path Chipset for Set-Top Boxes
Mar 20, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced optimized time division multiple access (TDMA) software for Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) applications and Qualcomm Atheros' first entry-level EoC solution, the QCA6411 chipset, for Chinese MSOs.
News categories: Atheros, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Coax, Gateway, ICs, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SNL Kagan Report Shows China to Become Asia's Top Pay-TV Economy in 2011
Jun 22, 2011 – An analysis of China's pay-TV market by SNL Kagan finds that while China has long been the world's largest multichannel market in terms of subscribers, 2011 revenues of $7.5 billion are set to rank China as the top pay-TV market in Asia.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Market Research
Shanghai has 800,000 IPTV subscribers
May 12, 2009 – Statistics from Shanghai Telecom and Shanghai-based cable TV operator Oriental Cable Network (OCN) show that through the end of 2008 Shanghai had almost 800,000 IPTV subscribers and nearly 600,000 cable DTV subscribers.
News categories: Shanghai Telecom, Oriental Cable Network, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Subscribers
GET Norway Selects TANDBERG Television for Cable VOD Network Upgrade
Sep 9, 2008 – TANDBERG Television has announced that its OpenStream® Digital Services Platform and market-leading EQ8096 Edge QAM solutions have been selected by Get Norway to help create its video-on-demand (VOD) services which it will launch this autumn.
News categories: TANDBERG, Get, Broadband, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Norway
TANDBERG Television Enables Shanghai Oriental Cable Network to Deploy Network PVR Service
Mar 27, 2007 – TANDBERG Television (TAT.OL) has announced that Oriental Cable Network (OCN) has selected its new real-time ingest system to roll-out an nPVR (Network Personal Video Recorder) extension of its video-on-demand (VOD) platform.
News categories: TANDBERG Television, Oriental Cable Network, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure
Shanghai Initiates Digital Television Conversion
Dec 26, 2006 – Shanghai cable TV network operator Oriental Cable Network (OCN) has announced the start of trial work on the overall conversion of digital television under a new pattern and a shift of the current analog system to digital system by 2010.
News categories: Oriental Cable Network, Cable TV, China, Digital TV
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal