Digital TV News: Parks Associates
115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
Jun 11, 2013 – Parks Associates estimates nearly 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay-TV subscribers will be able to receive multiscreen services from their existing pay-TV provider by 2016.
News categories: Parks Associates, Canada, Market Research, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere, USA
Nearly 80% of U.S. Smart TV owners are regular app users
Apr 4, 2013 – New industry research from Parks Associates shows app developers are targeting the smart TV platform as the next significant growth area as nearly 80% of smart-TV owners regularly use apps.
News categories: Parks Associates, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
IBM, STMicroelectronics and Shaspa Advance Smarter Home Initiative
Jan 8, 2013 – IBM (NYSE:IBM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) and Shaspa have announced a collaboration to provide ways for consumers to manage and interact with their homes’ functions and entertainment systems using multiple user interfaces such as voice recognition and physical gestures.
News categories: IBM, STMicroelectronics, Shaspa, CES, Gateway, Home Networking, Infrastructure, Middleware, Semiconductor
Entone Magi™ Takes CATV Over-The-Top
Oct 15, 2012 – Entone is unveiling its Magi™ Hybrid CATV Media Gateway at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo. Magi enables cable operators to deliver a Hybrid TV service that combines live TV, DVR and cloud-based (OTT) services over analog, digital or hybrid cable systems.
News categories: Entone, Cable TV, Gateway, Personal Video Recorder, SCTE
75% with Internet-connected smart TVs regularly watch online video
Jul 17, 2012 – Market research from Parks Associates finds the percentages of U.S. smart-TV owners who use this Internet-connected device to watch online video increased by over 30% in six months.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Minerva Unveils First Complete Broadband TV Solution
Apr 17, 2012 – Minerva Networks has revealed a complete pay television solution deployable over broadband networks. Built on Minerva iTVFusion 5, the new Broadband TV (BBTV) service combines linear and on-demand video content over a service provider's data network.
News categories: Minerva, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Infrastructure, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
DLNA® Approves HomePlug AV and HD-PLC Powerline Networking for Increased Digital Home Connectivity
Mar 12, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), HomePlug Powerline Alliance and HD-PLC Alliance have announced that the HomePlug AV and HD-PLC powerline networking standards have been approved for incorporation into DNLA's Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, HomePlug Powerline Alliance, HD-PLC Alliance, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, Powerline, Router
Nearly one-third of U.S. broadband households use internet to watch shows and movies on TV
Feb 14, 2012 – Sales of digital video media receivers, including Apple TV and Roku, were strong in the recent holiday season, with penetration approaching 13% of U.S. broadband households and matching the 2011 forecasts from Parks Associates.
News categories: Parks Associates, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA