Digital TV News: Parks Associates
More US households use Roku than Apple TV or other streaming video media device
Aug 14, 2013 – Parks Associates has announced streaming media and connected TV research showing the number of U.S. broadband households with a streaming video media device, such as a Roku® or an Apple TV, has doubled since 2011, reaching 14% in 2013.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
14% of smartphone/tablet users recently used a TV-content app
Jul 18, 2013 – Research from Parks Associates shows consumers are developing preferences for TV-content apps as more smartphone and tablet users are using TV-channel apps from networks like MTV, Nickelodeon, and USA Network and apps for shows like 'Glee' and 'The Walking Dead'.
News categories: Parks Associates, Apps, Market Research, Multiscreen, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
Jun 11, 2013 – Parks Associates estimates nearly 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay-TV subscribers will be able to receive multiscreen services from their existing pay-TV provider by 2016.
News categories: Parks Associates, Canada, Market Research, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere, USA
Nearly 80% of U.S. Smart TV owners are regular app users
Apr 4, 2013 – New industry research from Parks Associates shows app developers are targeting the smart TV platform as the next significant growth area as nearly 80% of smart-TV owners regularly use apps.
News categories: Parks Associates, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
IBM, STMicroelectronics and Shaspa Advance Smarter Home Initiative
Jan 8, 2013 – IBM (NYSE:IBM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) and Shaspa have announced a collaboration to provide ways for consumers to manage and interact with their homes' functions and entertainment systems using multiple user interfaces such as voice recognition and physical gestures.
News categories: IBM, STMicroelectronics, Shaspa, CES, Gateway, Home Networking, Infrastructure, Middleware, Semiconductor
Entone Magi™ Takes CATV Over-The-Top
Oct 15, 2012 – Entone is unveiling its Magi™ Hybrid CATV Media Gateway at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo. Magi enables cable operators to deliver a Hybrid TV service that combines live TV, DVR and cloud-based (OTT) services over analog, digital or hybrid cable systems.
News categories: Entone, Cable TV, Gateway, Personal Video Recorder, SCTE
75% with Internet-connected smart TVs regularly watch online video
Jul 17, 2012 – Market research from Parks Associates finds the percentages of U.S. smart-TV owners who use this Internet-connected device to watch online video increased by over 30% in six months.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Minerva Unveils First Complete Broadband TV Solution
Apr 17, 2012 – Minerva Networks has revealed a complete pay television solution deployable over broadband networks. Built on Minerva iTVFusion 5, the new Broadband TV (BBTV) service combines linear and on-demand video content over a service provider's data network.
News categories: Minerva, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Infrastructure, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense