Digital TV News: QuickPlay Media
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, IBCShow, Infrastructure, OTT, TV Everywhere
QuickPlay Expands Content Security Capabilities for Multiscreen Video Services
Apr 19, 2012 – QuickPlay Media has announced enhancements to its OpenVideo platform. New content security features include additional integrations with AuthenTec to support PlayReady for Live TV and full certification by Google Widevine for Live TV and VOD.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, AuthenTec, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT
PrimeTime2Go™ Mobile TV Service Extended to Motorola Android-Powered Smartphones
May 18, 2010 – QuickPlay Media has announced the availability of its PrimeTime2Go™ mobile TV service on Android-powered Motorola devices, including the Motorola CLIQ™, BACKFLIP™, CLIQ XT™ and DROID by Motorola (NYSE: MOT).
News categories: QuickPlay Media, Motorola, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Telecom New Zealand launches XT Mobile TV
Sep 2, 2009 – XT Mobile Network customers can enjoy drama, comedy or news for free until 30 November 2009 with Telecom's new Mobile TV service. XT Mobile Network is the 3G mobile network run by Telecom New Zealand (NZX:TEL).
News categories: Telecom New Zealand, LTE, Multiscreen, New Zealand
QuickPlay Announces 'Mobile Set-Top Box' for TV Service Providers
Aug 24, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has unveiled its new Mobile Set-Top Box solution. The solution will enable TV service providers to easily extend set-top box capabilities beyond the living room to popular consumer electronic and mobile devices.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Placeshifting, Portable, Set Top Box
QuickPlay Media Announces Mobile TV for BlackBerry® Smartphones
Apr 1, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has announced the upcoming launch of its PrimeTime2Go™ premium mobile TV service. The service, available in early May, will enable consumers to download and watch full-length episodes of their favorite shows on-demand.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, BlackBerry® App Worldâ„¢ storefront, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Smartphone, USA
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)