Digital TV News: Rovi Corp
Toshiba TVs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
May 7, 2013 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Toshiba is launching a range of DTVs Certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. The agreement will enable Toshiba DTVs to support high-quality entertainment services from over-the-top providers such as KNOWHOW Movies by Dixons Retail in the UK.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Toshiba, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
Over 50 companies sign up for Rovi HEVC Beta Program
Apr 8, 2013 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that over 50 companies, including representatives from some of the leading companies in digital media creation, transcoding, and delivery, have signed up to participate in its HEVC Beta Program.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Infrastructure, NABShow
Rovi introduces HEVC-ready DivX Video Service
Apr 8, 2013 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced DivX Video Service™, an end-to-end video solution for high-quality multi-screen video delivery that is designed to integrate with and enhance TV Everywhere and over-the-top entertainment services.
News categories: Rovi Corp, DRM, Infrastructure, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
Cogeco Cable Launches Rovi Applications for Remote Access to TV Services
Apr 2, 2013 — COGECO Cable (TSX:CCA) and Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) have announced the launch of two interactive applications, Cogeco Remote Recorder powered by Rovi TV Listings and TotalGuide xD, that will provide Cogeco's subscribers with access to the TV schedules on their set-top PVR from web-enabled devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Cogeco, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Personal Video Recorder
Changhong Chooses Rovi's DivX for Integration in Digital TVs
Mar 21, 2013 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Changhong has selected DivX® video solutions for integration into its digital TVs. Changhong plans to add DivX Plus® HD Certification into TVs and support DivX Plus Streaming™ in its Smart TV line.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Changhong, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 — Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Rovi Unveils Program to Drive HEVC Rollout
Jan 7, 2013 — Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has unveiled its HEVC Development Program to enable companies participating in the digital video value chain to take advantage of the latest compression technology to reduce storage and bandwidth costs and deliver an optimized viewing experience.
News categories: Rovi Corp, CES, Infrastructure, Media Player
Rovi Advances Digital Entertainment With Technology Showcase at SCTE 2012
Oct 17, 2012 — Technologies on display at the Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) booth at SCTE Cable Tec Expo 2012 will include Rovi's adaptive bit rate streaming technology, guide innovations for multi-screen, and advanced discovery features and capabilities.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Home Networking, Media Player, Middleware, SCTE, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results