Digital TV News: S3 Group
S3 Group Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Aug 15, 2012 — S3 Group has announced that it has licensed the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK) and will now provide its professional services to integrate the RDK onto set-top box (STB) platforms.
News categories: S3 Group, Cable TV, Middleware, OCAP, Set Top Box
S3 Group Helps Operators Deliver on the Promise of Multi-Screen TV
Aug 1, 2012 — S3 Group will be at IBC. Demonstrations will cover the TV platform lifecycle from requirements development through to device screening and will include some of the more recent advances in the StormTest® Development Center.
News categories: S3 Group, IBC
Nationz Technologies Selects Mixed-Signal IP from S3 Group for Mobile TV SoC
Nov 21, 2011 — S3 Group has announced that Nationz Technologies has licensed its mixed-signal IP for their Mobile TV SoC. S3 Group delivered a high performance ADC and PLL combination from its portfolio as part of the deal.
News categories: S3 Group, Nationz, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Broadcom and S3 Group Collaborate to Enable Delivery of Digital TV Content to Multiple Devices
Sep 10, 2011 — S3 Group has introduced the result of their collaboration with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) to deliver digital TV broadcast and services to multiple devices within the home including residential gateways, tablets, laptops and other consumer devices.
News categories: S3 Group, Broadcom, IBC, Semiconductor
Idea! Electronic Systems Selects Mixed-Signal IP from S3 Group for Digital TV ASIC
Aug 29, 2011 — S3 Group has announced that Idea! Electronic Systems has licensed its mixed-signal IP for their Digital TV ASIC. Idea! Electronic Systems is an engineering design-house specialized in electronic design for the telecommunication industry.
News categories: S3 Group, Idea! Electronic Systems, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Irdeto Leverages StormTest™ to Enhance Multi-Site Automated Testing Capabilities
Jun 13, 2011 — S3 Group has announced that Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has chosen S3 Group's automated testing solution to support its global footprint. The deployment marks the first enterprise-wide licensing of S3 Group's StormTest Development Center.
News categories: S3 Group, Irdeto, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
S3 Group Takes Center Stage at CableNET® 2011
Jun 13, 2011 — S3 Group has announced its participation in the CableNET® 2011 technology showcase at The Cable Show 2011 in Chicago, June 14-16. The company will show its StormTest™ Development Center automated set-top box (STB) testing solution.
News categories: S3 Group, Cable TV, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
S3 and Broadcom Support BSkyB’s Set-Top Box Development
Jul 19, 2010 — S3 Group has announced that it has collaborated with BSkyB (LSE:BSY) on the development of its latest HD set-top boxes (STBs), the DRX890 and the DRX895. These boxes include advanced STB technology from Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM).
News categories: S3 Group, Broadcom, BSkyB, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UK
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results