Digital TV News: SKY Italia
SKY Italia subscribers down another 51,000 in 1Q 2013
May 8, 2013 — News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the three months ending March 31, 2013. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of approximately 51,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.78 million.
News categories: Sky Italia, News Corp, Germany, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Satellite TV now reaching 8.2 million homes in Italy
Apr 18, 2013 — Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the first results of its new survey on TV reception modes and trends across its global footprint. Working in collaboration with Ipsos, Eutelsat announced that 8.2 million homes are now equipped with a Direct-to-Home antenna in Italy.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ipsos, Italy, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Swisscom adds 183,000 TV customers in 2012
Feb 7, 2013 — Swisscom has released its results report for 2012. The number of Swisscom TV connections increased year-on-year by 183,000 to 791,000 (+63,000 in the fourth quarter). Fastweb's bundled TV and broadband offering in partnership with Sky Italia has attracted 151,000 customers to date.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
Sky Italia subscribers down 28,000 in 4Q 2012
Feb 6, 2013 — News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the three months ending December 31, 2012. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of approximately 28,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.83 million.
News categories: Sky Italia, News Corp, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
HyperTV and Civolution Provide Social Media Gaming to Sky Italia
Oct 9, 2012 — HyperTV and Civolution have announced their platform was recently chosen by Sky Italia to engage viewers with the first ever social media gaming experience related to X Factor 2012.
News categories: Civolution, HyperTV, Apps, Italy, Satellite, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
Liberty Global and BSkyB to continue to dominate European pay TV
Sep 5, 2012 — Pay TV subscriptions for the 95 operators across 25 countries covered in a new report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 96.2 million in 2007 to 140.9 million by 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
SKY Italia subscribers down 42,000 in 2Q 2012
Aug 8, 2012 — News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the period ending June 30, 2012. SKY Italia’s subscriber base declined to 4.9 million due to the net reduction of approximately 71,000 subscribers during the year.
News categories: SKY Italia, News Corp, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
NDS MediaHighway Enables Advanced Services for Sky Italia
Mar 14, 2012 — NDS has announced that Sky Italia has selected NDS’ MediaHighway® set-top-box software to enable an advanced user experience for its subscribers. The new deployment includes the introduction of a new EPG and enhanced interactive features.
News categories: NDS Group, Sky Italia, Italy, Middleware, Satellite
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision