Digital TV News: Silicon Image
Silicon Image Introduces Single-Chip Mobile Transmitter for Smartphones and Tablets
Dec 10, 2012 — Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the UltraGig™ 6400, a complete WirelessHD transmitter for mobile devices. This ultra-low power transmitter enables robust high-definition wireless video connectivity between portable devices and large displays.
News categories: Silicon Image, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, WirelessHD
Silicon Image Announces Video Processors for Home Theater Applications
Oct 1, 2012 — Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced two upscaling video processors, designed to also enhance the picture quality of streaming or downloaded Internet video.
News categories: Silicon Image, Blu-ray, CEATEC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
Silicon Image Expands MHL® Product Line with Four New Products
Sep 25, 2012 — Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the expansion of its MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) portfolio with four new products, all of which incorporate features defined in the latest MHL specification version 2.0.
News categories: Silicon Image, CEATEC, Home Networking, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Silicon Image Reaches 100 Million Unit Milestone for MHL® Products Shipped Into Mobile Applications
Jul 31, 2012 — Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG) has announced that it has shipped over 100 million MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) products to top-tier mobile manufacturers worldwide to date.
News categories: Silicon Image, Home Networking, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Silicon Image Introduces Low Power Dual-Mode HDMI and MHL Transmitter IP Core
May 22, 2012 — Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the availability of a low power dual-mode transmitter intellectual property (IP) core that supports both the HDMI® (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) 1.4b and MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) 2.0 standards.
News categories: Silicon Image, Connectivity, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Silicon Image Unveils Next-Generation MHL™ Products
May 15, 2012 — Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG) has announced its next-generation MHL™ products, the SiI8240 MHL transmitter for mobile devices and the SiI9617 MHL-to-HDMI® bridge for DTVs and PC displays, which are also MHL 2.0 compliant.
News categories: Silicon Image, Games Console, Home Networking, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
More Than 50 Million MHL Products Shipped Globally in 2011
Feb 21, 2012 — MHL, LLC, responsible for administering the MHL Consortium and the adoption, licensing and promotion of the MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) specification, has announced that more than 50 million MHL products were shipped globally in 2011.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Home Networking, Market Research, MWC13, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 — Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, Home Networking, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results