Digital TV News: Silicon Image
Silicon Image enables MHL connectivity across Sony BRAVIA DTV line
Aug 12, 2013 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced that its MHL®/HDMI® dual-mode connectivity products have been designed across a broad lineup of Sony BRAVIA® TVs.
News categories: Silicon Image, Sony Corp, Connectivity, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Silicon Image Introduces Single-Chip Mobile Transmitter for Smartphones and Tablets
Dec 10, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the UltraGig™ 6400, a complete WirelessHD transmitter for mobile devices. This ultra-low power transmitter enables robust high-definition wireless video connectivity between portable devices and large displays.
News categories: Silicon Image, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, WirelessHD
Silicon Image Announces Video Processors for Home Theater Applications
Oct 1, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced two upscaling video processors, designed to also enhance the picture quality of streaming or downloaded Internet video.
News categories: Silicon Image, Blu-ray, CEATEC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
Silicon Image Expands MHL® Product Line with Four New Products
Sep 25, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the expansion of its MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) portfolio with four new products, all of which incorporate features defined in the latest MHL specification version 2.0.
News categories: Silicon Image, CEATEC, Home Networking, ICs, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Silicon Image Reaches 100 Million Unit Milestone for MHL® Products Shipped Into Mobile Applications
Jul 31, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG) has announced that it has shipped over 100 million MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) products to top-tier mobile manufacturers worldwide to date.
News categories: Silicon Image, Home Networking, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Silicon Image Introduces Low Power Dual-Mode HDMI and MHL Transmitter IP Core
May 22, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the availability of a low power dual-mode transmitter intellectual property (IP) core that supports both the HDMI® (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) 1.4b and MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) 2.0 standards.
News categories: Silicon Image, Connectivity, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Silicon Image Unveils Next-Generation MHL™ Products
May 15, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG) has announced its next-generation MHL™ products, the SiI8240 MHL transmitter for mobile devices and the SiI9617 MHL-to-HDMI® bridge for DTVs and PC displays, which are also MHL 2.0 compliant.
News categories: Silicon Image, Games Console, Home Networking, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
More Than 50 Million MHL Products Shipped Globally in 2011
Feb 21, 2012 – MHL, LLC, responsible for administering the MHL Consortium and the adoption, licensing and promotion of the MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) specification, has announced that more than 50 million MHL products were shipped globally in 2011.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Home Networking, Market Research, MWC13, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense